Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Duplicate book title notification on adding books

I have a fairly large library. Sometimes Calibre (quite rightly) informs me that there is a book of the same title in my library. However, it lists the books I am trying to add so I have to try and remember if they really are duplicates or just different books but with the same title.

Would it be possible for Calibre to list the books that are already in my library that may be duplicates rather than the ones I am trying to add? That way it would be much easier to be certain of whether the book you are adding really is a duplicate.

Thanks.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
What you might consider doing is just going ahead with letting calibre create the duplicate book records for you, and then using the Find Duplicates plugin afterwards to then resolve the duplicates in your own time. That way you can focus in on exactly which books are genuine duplicates (the authors are similar or identical) versus those false positives reported by calibre just because the titles matched.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Thanks kiwidude, I'll try that.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote