Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #3616
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of D.D. Barant's "Bloodhound Files" series, where the sixth book closes some plotlines, opens a couple of others, and ends in a way that left me dying to see what came next...only to find out it was the end of the series. I was not happy...
Thanks for the heads up. I hate cliff-hanger endings in a book, never mind the last book in a series. Now I am wondering whether to read book 5

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #3617
pwalker8
Guru
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I was thinking about whether I have read any series that end in a sort of cliffhanger...oh, yes, Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series. I was desperately swiping my ereader, certain that there were more pages somewhere.

Anyone else have any?
Roland Green's Wandor series. My understanding is that it wasn't selling well enough so it wasn't a planned cliff hanger. On the other hand, it was my first experience with an abandoned series and given that I had spent my lunch money for the books, I was not in a forgiving mood. I still haven't bought another of his solo books.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #3618
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Cool Skin Game release is...

[posted by me because Lea hasn't yet done it today]

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #3619
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game Release...

36 DAYS LEFT!!!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #3620
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
36 DAYS LEFT!!!
Well, I started my complete reread this weekend.
Powered through "Storm Front" and "Fool Moon" on Friday, "Grave Peril" on Saturday and "Summer Knight" yesterday.
Gonna switch it up with Harry's voice in my ear with "Death Masks" in audiobook for a couple of days while at work, but I'll probably read at home and switch off between the two formats for the next few books.
I figure I'll have enough time to finish the series in 36 days.
I hope.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #3621
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool part of last Hollows book cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
The Witch with No Name (The Hollows #13) By Kim Harrison - release date 9/9/2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
That's going to be the final Hollows book, isn't it Alan? I seem to remember reading that somewhere...

Yep, book 13 is the last one!

Last edited by alansplace; Yesterday at 12:05 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #3622
alansplace
Wizard

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM   #3623
PurpleStar
Addict
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Yep, book 13 is the last one!

Well, that's fast for the next book! I haven't even read The Undead Pool. $17.99, are you kidding me??? Waiting for a price drop.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM   #3624
Tarana
Fanatic
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, Nook HD+
I've been sick, and long stories just aren't working for me right now, so have been listening to all the shorts in Side Jobs. There is just one story after Turn Coat, so I might hold off on just that story.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #3625
alansplace
Wizard

Cool are you kidding me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
Well, that's fast for the next book! I haven't even read The Undead Pool. $17.99, are you kidding me??? Waiting for a price drop.
The release date is 9/9/2014.

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #3626
Dazrin
Fanatic
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 3G
I assume most who read this thread already have a copy of this but just in case, Dead Beat is on sale at Amazon (possibly elsewhere) for $2.91 right now. I didn't see any comments about the price here (although there are too many hits for me to check each one), so thought I would share. Looks like the sale has been going for about a week so far.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #3627
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I assume most who read this thread already have a copy of this but just in case, Dead Beat is on sale at Amazon (possibly elsewhere) for $2.91 right now. I didn't see any comments about the price here (although there are too many hits for me to check each one), so thought I would share. Looks like the sale has been going for about a week so far.
Nicely spotted! Hopefully someone here will be in the position to use this offer!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:47 AM   #3628
alansplace
Wizard

Old Today, 10:51 AM   #3629
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Just a few days till my reread!!!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy