Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
Alonso Alvarez
Alonso Alvarez began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sigil error

Hello

I installed the new Sigil (0.7.0), but when I try to view the code, it gives error and closes the program. Use Windows XP.

What should I do?

The error is:

------------------
AppName: sigil.exe AppVer: 0.7.3.0 ModName: qwindows.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00013e57
-------------------

Thank Alonso
Alonso Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Alvarez View Post
Hello

I installed the new Sigil (0.7.0), but when I try to view the code, it gives error and closes the program. Use Windows XP.

What should I do?

The error is:

------------------
-------------------

Thank Alonso
Get Sigil 7.3

7.0 had problems (I don't remember that as one.) Adding file was really bad.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Get Sigil 7.3

7.0 had problems (I don't remember that as one.) Adding file was really bad.
Actually he has 0.7.3 according to the error log.

------------------
-------------------

But as this problem seems not to be frequent despite the widespread use of 0.7.3, so I'm betting on some kind of conflict or perhaps an error of installation.

Lord, I thank you that I don't have to deal with Windows!

... at least, not so much.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe a rights issue to the scratchpad (sigil temp folder)

I run Sigil 7 on XP, W7hp and Ubuntu 13.04
Old 10-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Was there an older version on the computer before?

One frequent problem is that the sigil.ini file gets corrupted and causes various types of issues which disappear when it is deleted. It will be recreated when Sigil opens, but you will lose clips and other personalizations.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Was there an older version on the computer before?

One frequent problem is that the sigil.ini file gets corrupted and causes various types of issues which disappear when it is deleted. It will be recreated when Sigil opens, but you will lose clips and other personalizations.
In 7.3
Clips and saved searches are now EACH separate files

Deleting sigil.ini will lose the Toolbar position (only that, position) settings
Old 10-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Great! Thanks for reminding me. The main problem for me as I have said before is finding all the great features user_none has packed into it.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Great! Thanks for reminding me. The main problem for me as I have said before is finding all the great features user_none has packed into it.
I keep discovering (with MR users help) additional features.
Some I forgot about.
Some, because I was still doing it the Sigil 2.x way
Some, I was confused as to how it worked(eg you can execute a series if Saved searches, BUT You need to do it from the Saved Search Window, not the search bar. Took me 3 months to figure out that bit
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I keep discovering (with MR users help) additional features.
Some I forgot about.
Some, because I was still doing it the Sigil 2.x way
Some, I was confused as to how it worked(eg you can execute a series if Saved searches, BUT You need to do it from the Saved Search Window, not the search bar. Took me 3 months to figure out that bit
Don't feel bad. I still can't figure out how to really use the saved clips. Drives me nuts. I can faux-use them, but not, I suspect, how they are intended to be used. This is likely because I do so little of the actual book-making work these days, but I almost invariably end up doing something silly like mousing-over and then typing whatever it was I saved, into the Find (or replace) box. LOL!

(See: Now you know. In real life, I'm a dolt.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote