Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #16
orionpozo
orionpozo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader & Amazon Kindle
Any Book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks, that was useful. But does the library just buy any book I choose? Are there limits?
The principle limit we impose is that over a certain price, we do not automatically buy the book for the reader. The request gets forwarded to the collections librarian for review.
Of course, Amazon has to be selling a Kindle edition too.
You can see a sample monthly list of titles in my June report:
http://news.lib.ncsu.edu/pes/2010/06...s-june-update/
orionpozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
Suzy Kindlefan
Suzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
How is it that Overdrive got to be the preferred system anyway?
Suzy Kindlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #18
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Well, I talked to the librarian (had to cancel a hold on a pbook that I had just checked out in ebook format - can't even cancel a hold online!) and she said they bought a bunch of books from Amazon. She was not the sharpest tool in the shed - didn't really understand what I was saying (of course, I was on the phone, and it was hard to explain why the choice of a kindle may not have been the best choice). Asked whether I wanted to be put on the waiting list to check out a kindle (they have 2, and I live in a town of 7000). I am tempted, just to see how they have secured the device to prevent it from being dropped, banged around, ruined in the book return bin, etc.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote