Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
Jen
Jen began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One - currently broken
Dissassembling my Bebook

Hi Guys,
I manages to get my Bebook very wet and not notice for about a week. In order to dry it out, I wanted to open it up.

I case anyone else that has a Hanlin V3 or clone, does something similar I thought I would put up some notes on how to get into one so you don't end up breaking some of the internal brackets like I did.
  1. Remove the battery
  2. leaver off the little rubber feet on the back - three of the four cover the main screws
  3. unscrew all the screws
  4. carefully leaver the front and back apart.

I am sure this will void the warranty but if like me you have damaged it in a way that voids it anyway or have soaked it and want to dry it out as completely as possible, or are too impatient to send it in for repair, you may find the notes useful.

My Bebook is now in the postal system for the Netherlands (from Australia) and probably stuck in Asia, waiting for the airports in Europe to reopen.

Jen
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Here is an image for the V5 (mini). The V3 comes apart the same way.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Hanlin_V5_disassembly

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
Jen
Jen began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One - currently broken
Thanks for the link Dale. Wish I had thought to look here first.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebook, broken, ezreader, hanlin v3, wet