Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Morat
Morat began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Mini
Optimum SD card for Bebook Mini

Hi everyone,

I just ordered my Bebook Mini today and while waiting for delivery I want to know what is the optimum SD card for it, ie what is the largest SD card that does not slow the system down or otherwise compromise performance. I was thinking a 2 or 4GB card myself. Any advice greatly appreciated.

M
Morat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I have a Kingston 16 Gb Class 4 SD card and i dont see any kind of slow down or anything (im using around 4 Gb of books/manga), im using a EZ Reader Pocket Pro (v5).
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650

@Morat

I have the exactly the same device and same card as Chiron. Works fine for me also.

The Bebook Mini is the same device as the Astak Pocket Pro; they are both V5 made by Jinke but with different branding.

Of course a smaller Gb card would be fine also.

Last edited by Javed; 01-24-2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added last line
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'm using a 2Gb, I can hold enough books on that
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #5
liono33
Lilly
liono33 began at the beginning.

Device: WISEreader N518
2gb sandisk
liono33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
2 G Patriot
4G (class 6) Patriot
No problems.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #7
Morat
Morat began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Mini

Thanks to everyone who replied. I mostly see Sandisk 1 & 2 GB cards for sale here, but I will look around and see if I can find any of the others mentioned. Nice to see that the larger cards dont affect performance.

Can't wait for the reader to arrive now
Morat is offline   Reply With Quote