Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-23-2006, 04:29 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
We are looking for new blood in our team!

Mobileread is looking for one or two additional editors, and we know there are shining gems in our readership somewhere. Ideally, you should have an intimidating knowledge in mobile technologies, be a prodigy with words, and have a great desire to share your opinions with others. Additionally, we are looking for somebody who can write with insight and some appropriate levity in their own distinct voice.

To apply, send an e-mail with your full name in the subject line to join@mobileread.com. It'd helpful if you told us a bit about yourself, why you think you'd make the best addition to our team, and how much energy you're willing to contribute to Mobileread.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:40 AM   #2
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
...levity...prodigy with words...intimate knowledge...

*cough*

I, the noble reader Jaapjan, hereby wish to announce to the general public, you, that I fit all the required skills for this role. Sleek, intelligent and deadly are but a few small character traits I have. More important is my tremendous knowledge of emerging mobile technology and unique insight into the future of mobile technology and beyond.

Still, the most important of all my wonderful abilities besides being a prodigy is my great levity with words.

Ahem.

At any rate, I wish I could help but I am afraid I lack sufficient time to such a venture, one who would need my wholehearted attention. Mobileread deserves little less. And this, I could not join thee in thy greatness up there.

I salute you noble warriors of ... something. Go forth and ... spread knowledge!

Last edited by Jaapjan; 03-23-2006 at 05:20 AM.
Jaapjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2006, 04:49 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Noble words, Jaapjan! You sound like a perfect candidate
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:40 AM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Greetings to you my dear friends!
I too must declare, that though there is a great longing in my heart to aid you in your noble quest I feel unworthy. Too busy is this life I am forced to live! I fear that what passion, love and devotion I could offer would be but a drop of water to a dying man in the desert. Giving hope and taking it, prolonging life but, alsas, not saving it. A worthy candidate will surely arise, garbed in shining armor and sittingy proudly on a noble steed, riding out of the sunshine, laurels wreathing his head and glory riding on his shoulders....STOP!!!

Sorry...I read too much fantasy.
I hope you find somebody with suitable skills. I'll stay on as a normal poster and try to bring what information I can...but something like this would be way too much for me I'm afraid...even though I have to admit that it is very tempting...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:47 AM   #5
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
And thus the conclave of readers has set a new trend in answering to pleas from the gods. I call order to my fellow noblemen in an attempt to let the rightious step forward from the shadows to claim their place in the hall of grandness.

Order I say! Order! And someone get that horse out of here! This is a meeting room, not a stable!
Jaapjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2006, 06:17 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Regarding payment, since I am sure this will come up eventually, feel free to contact me directly.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:02 AM   #7
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Oh gee ... you mean you can get paid for it? Double the joy!

For awhile there, I thought we were supposed to write in with PMs or emails ... :P
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Best to contact us at the e-mail address given above.