Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Remove <p> tags?

I'm trying to remove <p> tags from my LIT files. I have a grasp of CSS so I have tried to nulify the carrage return with

p { margin:0px; padding:0px; }

but this doesn't work.

Can anyone help?, I'm hoping to do this via the CSS override in Calibre, rather than processing via a HTML editor first (e.g. find and replace )
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
What exactly do you want to remove? You may want to try adding "text-indent: 0;" to the CSS (or even "display: none;").
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
display:inline; does the trick, now to get calibre to recognise the paragraphs.

and to be clear, its the line breaks I'm trying to remove. I have a lot of LIT files from work that are quite old and have pages set out thus;

<p>hello I'm a piece of text blah blah blah blah</p>
<p> and I'm the second line of the original text</p>]

Which displays on my 505 as

hello I'm a piece of text blah blah
blah blag
and I'm the second line of the original
text
etc etc etc etc etc

UGLY.

Last edited by sideburnt; 06-11-2009 at 12:14 PM.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Then yes, it's "display: inline;" what you need. But the LIT are broken if they have each line wrapped in <p> tags.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote