Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Roel
Roel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Blank field in "Browse for folder"

Dear All. New to Calibre. New to this forum. Please help with the following. After a) a clean up of my computer registry using CCleaner or b) the latest version of Calibre 0.8.47 the program refuses to show a folder list in the "Browse for folder" box after Add books -> Add books from directories etc. Thus I can't select a folder to add new books anymore. Please help. Using Window XP. Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Roel.

Opened new thread named "Selection of root folder not possible while adding books".

Last edited by Roel; 04-16-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Opened new thread with better name
Roel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
Roel

Selection of root folder not possible while adding books.

Dear All. New to Calibre. New to this forum. Please help with the following.
No root folder selection window appears in the "Browse for folders" box after Adding books -> Add boooks from directories ... So I can't select a folder to add books to Calibre. This started after a clean up of my computer registry using CCleaner. I also installed the latest version of Calibre (0.8.47) but I feel that Calibre itself is not the cause. Please help. Using Window XP 64 bit Service pack 2. Tried all ready the "sfc /command" trick in a DOS box, but that didn't help. Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Roel.
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel View Post
Dear All. New to Calibre. New to this forum. Please help with the following.
No root folder selection window appears in the "Browse for folders" box after Adding books -> Add boooks from directories ... So I can't select a folder to add books to Calibre. This started after a clean up of my computer registry using CCleaner. I also installed the latest version of Calibre (0.8.47) but I feel that Calibre itself is not the cause. Please help. Using Window XP 64 bit Service pack 2. Tried all ready the "sfc /command" trick in a DOS box, but that didn't help. Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Roel.
Do Not keep posting the same question over and over. No one answered because no one had an idea.

I would ask the makers of CCleaner as their product seems to have damaged your registry.

AFAIK Calibre just calls the OS file explorer.

You could type
Code:
C:\
into the file name box, then click open.

Last edited by theducks; 04-17-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: additional
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
Roel

1. Problem solved. Downloaded and installed Service Pack 2 of Window XP 64 bit. Now the window showing the folder tree in the "Browse for folder" pops up again.
2. Thank you for the reminder not posting a subject twice. But I couldn't change the subject name and found the 2nd one better.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
Roel

I' sorry to tell that the problem popped up again. It are the various windows updates that seem to cause the problem. After installation of "Windowsserver2003.WindowsXP-KB924961-SP2-X64-ENU.exe" and a restart of computer Calibre runs fine. But later on Windows XP Update collects an update from the site of Microsoft and after this update has been installed and the compuer had been restarted, the old problem occurs again. Bad bad bad.
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
2. Thank you for the reminder not posting a subject twice. But I couldn't change the subject name and found the 2nd one better.
to ask any (Calibre) forum Moderator to correct the title of YOUR post, just PM them a request.

Calibre Moderator names are at the bottom of the Main Calibre forum list.

For All other forums, the Moderators are Listed at the bottom of the Forum list
Old 04-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
1. Problem solved. Downloaded and installed Service Pack 2 of Window XP 64 bit. ...
geez. are you kidding me?

If operating systems were cars, you'd probably get a lot for your Edsel.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
geez. are you kidding me?

If operating systems were cars, you'd probably get a lot for your Edsel.
My eyes must have convinced me he really meant: W7 64bit

Sheesh,
Well, I guess, he could have been running Windows ME