Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool catalog

in win 7 i generated a catalog in mobi format with ver 0.7.43. it says that my custom column will be read and that a checkmark will show for a match. the default match is a + sign. since there were no check marks on appropriate books i regenerated the catalog after changing the + to Yes. still there were no check marks in the completed catalog.

the custom column is a yes/no one.

anyone have any idea what might be wrong or what i'm doing wrong?
__
Alan

Last edited by theducks; 02-02-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Moved to Catalogs by theducks
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
in win 7 i generated a catalog in mobi format with ver 0.7.43. it says that my custom column will be read and that a checkmark will show for a match. the default match is a + sign. since there were no check marks on appropriate books i regenerated the catalog after changing the + to Yes. still there were no check marks in the completed catalog.

the custom column is a yes/no one.

anyone have any idea what might be wrong or what i'm doing wrong?
__
Alan
Did you disconnect from your device, the reconnect? Calibre does not seem to update "on device" except when "Deleting from device"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool wasn't connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you disconnect from your device, the reconnect? Calibre does not seem to update "on device" except when "Deleting from device"
wasn't connected to the device at any time during the catalog generation.
--
Alan
Old 02-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
wasn't connected to the device at any time during the catalog generation.
--
Alan
Thanks, I have now exceeded my knowledge of the inner workings of Catalog

GRiker will probably have to answer this one
Old 02-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
When creating my catalog, from the Read Book Field I select my custom column "read" from the drop down box and then type True in the field next to it.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool i'll try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
When creating my catalog, from the Read Book Field I select my custom column "read" from the drop down box and then type True in the field next to it.
thanks (and also thanks to theducks), i'll try that.
--
Alan
Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
--
Alan
OK
Experiment done.
My Read column has the Same name: True/False type
When Generating the catalog, you fill out the page shown

There is a small Plus mark by the Title or Author (depends on what section) when 'Read'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Set as Read.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	65957  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool that worked

Quote:
--
Alan
yep, that worked. thanks again.
--
Alan
Old 02-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool that worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
OK
Experiment done.
My Read column has the Same name: True/False type
When Generating the catalog, you fill out the page shown

There is a small Plus mark by the Title or Author (depends on what section) when 'Read'
yep, that worked. thanks.
--
Alan