Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2023, 07:13 PM   #1
Kid_Fiction
Kid_Fiction began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2 (current), Elipsa 2e (prospective)
How to Sync your Zotero Library to your eReader?

Has anyone found a reliable way to sync your Zotero Library to a Kobo?

I'd be happy to make it work with two-way sync software and a USB cable but so far I've had issues with Koreader not updating the "date modified" date when it saves the file. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has a set up that has been doing it reliably for extended periods without issue.

Obviously a Boox device would make life easier but the distributor here in Australia is quite unreliable. Would this work better on a Kindle Scribe?

Thanks in advance
Kid_Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 02:54 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
You might get better results asking this question on forums.zotero.org. According to this page (https://uark.libguides.com/c.php?g=78988&p=506470), Zotero doesn’t export into any eReader formats that any reader I know of recognizes. It’s a database app and it exports database files, not ebooks.

I found this thread that linked to a script that exported into folders, but I have no idea if it works or not. https://forums.zotero.org/discussion...-files-folders
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2023, 03:06 AM   #3
Kid_Fiction
Kid_Fiction began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2 (current), Elipsa 2e (prospective)
Thanks Cootey! Maybe I wasn't fully clear.... I'm talking about the Zotero Reference Library, a collection of several hundred PDFs organised into folders which is currently on my dropbox.

I'm trying to access (or 2-way sync) those PDFs on my Kobo.
Kid_Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:56 AM   #4
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
How to Sync your Zotero Library to your eReader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Fiction View Post
Thanks Cootey! Maybe I wasn't fully clear.... I'm talking about the Zotero Reference Library, a collection of several hundred PDFs organised into folders which is currently on my dropbox.

I'm trying to access (or 2-way sync) those PDFs on my Kobo.

Which Kobo do you have? If it supports dropbox, you can organize them into folders on a computer in the shared directory, and they’ll be available on your compatible Kobo. You can look in More>Settings>Accounts to see if Dropbox is an option for you.

That’s the only way to 2-way sync that I know of.

If you sideload the PDFs, they won’t sync. You’ll have to manually extract them when you mount the Kobo on your desktop.

However, I’m not familiar with koreader’s PDF support.

Last edited by Cootey; 04-25-2023 at 08:00 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, kobo, koreader, pdf, zotero