Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-30-2022, 05:45 PM   #1
Gaqs
Enthusiast
Gaqs began at the beginning.

Device: KT4, PW3
KOReader missing covers on some books on my kindle

Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with some books missing covers when I send them from calibre to my kindle using koreader, most books are completely fine it's just like 3 books that have missing covers.

I'm not sure what's going on, the missing covers are all from series of books, they're all on the same format and all of the cover images have the same resolution as the other books of the series so I'm not sure why they would have the cover missing.

I tried removing the book and adding it again but for these specific entries it just seems like the cover won't show up.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Added an image of the problem in the attachments, as you can see the other books in the series show covers without a problem, it's just the 18th entry that has no cover. The cover shows up fine in calibre but not in koreader. I'm transferring books through wifi by using the calibre option in the koreader menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1231234.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	194668  

Last edited by Gaqs; 06-30-2022 at 05:55 PM.
Gaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:50 PM   #2
jnikkir
Connoisseur
jnikkir doesn't litterjnikkir doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW5/11th Gen
Did you try long-pressing on the book and selecting "Refresh cached book information"? Sometimes I'll import a bunch of books at a time, and one or two covers don't show up, but a refresh fixes it. Also, navigating to a different folder and then coming back to the one where the glitched covers are.

Otherwise, are these ePUBs? You could try Calibre's "polish book" feature just to update the cover in the book file, then resend that to your Kindle.
jnikkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2022, 10:26 AM   #3
Gaqs
Enthusiast
Gaqs began at the beginning.

Device: KT4, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnikkir View Post
Did you try long-pressing on the book and selecting "Refresh cached book information"? Sometimes I'll import a bunch of books at a time, and one or two covers don't show up, but a refresh fixes it. Also, navigating to a different folder and then coming back to the one where the glitched covers are.

Otherwise, are these ePUBs? You could try Calibre's "polish book" feature just to update the cover in the book file, then resend that to your Kindle.
Hello jnikkir, yes they're epubs, thank you for your help, at first I tried both of your suggestions and neither worked, but then I refreshed the cached book information once again after polishing the book and it worked, so thanks.
Gaqs is offline   Reply With Quote