Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-10-2015, 03:02 AM   #1
Queen9302
Queen9302 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Table in Sigil renders differently in Adobe Digital Editions

Newbie to CSS and Sigil

Hi. I am having a problem with my table in Adobe Digital Editions rendering in the same format as in Sigil. In Adobe, the text run over each other and across rows. It is wrapping but the row height is not adjusting to accommodate the text.

Also, is there a way I can add an image of what I speak?
Queen9302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:01 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Without code it will be very difficult to see the problem. We need some (x)html and css to find the issue.

You can add screenshots.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2015, 05:55 AM   #3
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Instead of using Quick Reply, click on the Go Advanced button. There is an icon for Insert Image.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:33 AM   #4
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen9302 View Post
Newbie to CSS and Sigil

Hi. I am having a problem with my table in Adobe Digital Editions rendering in the same format as in Sigil. In Adobe, the text run over each other and across rows. It is wrapping but the row height is not adjusting to accommodate the text.

Also, is there a way I can add an image of what I speak?
It will be interesting to see your code. Maybe there's an answer.

But, generally, anything but the most simple table layout - that's one with no chance of overrunning the page width on any anticipated reader, at any likely user-chosen font size - should be avoided. Use an image instead.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:16 AM   #5
Queen9302
Queen9302 began at the beginning.

Fixed

I finally found out that I had to change the class information for the table data (<td class="calibre22">. I went through a process of elimination by changing one thing and then the next.

Thanks everyone!
Queen9302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
adobe digital editions, css table styles, sigil, table