Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
Waflicka
Waflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toysWaflicka shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
Which app has the best shelf management?

Hi all. I currently use Moon+ Reader Pro on my Nexus 7 2013, and I'm not entirely happy with the experience -- it doesn't have adequate shelf management; I end up pulling books straight out of the directory, which is rather messy, especially as I have some series written by multiple authors.

If Moon+ Reader Pro does, in fact, have reasonable shelf management (I'm not looking for much -- just basic management in the vein of Kindle, Kobo, iBooks, et al.), then please let this thread sink to the bottom of the pile, as it's my own fault that I've been unable to figure it out. If, however, there's an ereading app with better shelf management, please share it with me.

Thank you.
Waflicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:49 AM   #2
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Mantano is fabulous for shelf management. It allows you to create custom shelves including the ability to create multiple layers of sub-shelfs. So you can do something like this . . .

A
x |_Author 1
x |_Author 2
xxx |_Series 1
xxx |_Series 2
x |_Author 3
B
C
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
You could also try Calibre Companion. It will manage your library for you and let you use whatever reader app you want.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
You could also try Calibre Companion. It will manage your library for you and let you use whatever reader app you want.
If the OP uses Calibre then I agree 100%. Calibre Companion automatically provides all of the metadata from calibre for sorting and searching on your device. Doesn't get much better.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote