Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
oiver55
Enthusiast
oiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: kindle
File not Specififed

Ever received this warning when opening an epub from Sigil on amazon previewer?

"Info(prcgen):I1003: Parsing file URL: PartOne_01.xhtml

Info(prcgen):I1003: Parsing file URL: Section0005.xhtml

Info(prcgen):I1003: Parsing file URL: Section0006.xhtml

Warning(prcgen):W14009: media file not specified

Info(prcgen):I1003: Parsing file URL: Test.xhtml

Info(prcgen):I1015: Building PRC file"

What does the "Warning(prcgen):W14009: media file not specified" mean? How can I make it disappear?
oiver55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Have you asked around any Kindlegen/Kindle Previewer venues what the warning might mean?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:14 PM   #3
oiver55
Enthusiast
oiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windowsoiver55 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: kindle
I actually just did, guess this wouldn't be something sigil users would know about right? How can I close the thread
oiver55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #4
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Oh, they'd probably know about it. But it's dogma here that We Don't Do Kindle :-)
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Oh, they'd probably know about it. But it's dogma here that We Don't Do Kindle :-)
Don't be so dramatic. There's a huge gray area between epub, Sigil and Kindlebook that gets blurred, crossed, and discussed here all the time. But a line has to be drawn somewhere ... and "What Does This Kindle Previewer Warning Mean?" is so far across that line as to be laughable. Especially when I, for one, have no idea what the warning means--never seen it before. And I use both Sigil and Kindle Previewer.

The "Kindle is Taboo" mindset you attribute to this subforum is a figment of your imagination. It's a simple matter of deciding where a post best belongs. Something the mods do all over Goodreads all the time. There's no conspiracy.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-25-2015 at 09:00 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote