Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
trixb
trixb began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Smile app wont load on kobo arc

Hi everyone I got a kobo arc for Christmas. So far I love it. However I am having some trouble with one app in particular. I downloaded the simpsons tapped out app which is supposed to be compatable and it won't load up. When I start the app it starts the load screen and then shuts down and returns to the previous page Iwas viewing. I have tried uuninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? Any help would be greatlyappreciated
trixb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixb View Post
Hi everyone I got a kobo arc for Christmas. So far I love it. However I am having some trouble with one app in particular. I downloaded the simpsons tapped out app which is supposed to be compatable and it won't load up. When I start the app it starts the load screen and then shuts down and returns to the previous page Iwas viewing. I have tried uuninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? Any help would be greatlyappreciated
Only tip I can give you:
I assume, you've downloaded/bought the app from Google Play?
If so, you could try to download from another source.
Just Google "name of the app".apk and you should have plenty of hits.
Activate "allow install from unknown sources" in the settings and then download directly on your tablet and install the apk file.
If it's not working as well, it obviously is a compatibility issue.
Shouldn't be, normally you only should see apps in Google Play, that are compatible with your specific tablet. But there's always the rare exception...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote