Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
RBraverman
Enthusiast
RBraverman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Adding Books to MoonReader

Ok, how the bloody **** do I add books to this supposedly great program, via Calibre????????????

This looks like a really nice program, but without ANY documentation, it's a bear.

I set the folder in settings and had Calibre upload the books TO that folder, they are there, but not according to M/R. I even tried upping them to Dropbox in the hopes they'd D/L into the program, but no go.

Now, if this is discussed at length somewhere, please point me in that direction - I've been looking most of the day.
RBraverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
mnha
mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mnha calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle 4S; Paperwhite 2012; Nexus 7.2; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Did you execute "Import Books" from within Moon Reader? Don't think it rescans directories automatically.
mnha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I use Calibre Companion on my tablets, and load books to my device wirelessly. Through the CC interface, I choose what book to read, then select Moon reader from within the CC app. Next time I start up Moon, any book I've already opened that way, is still there, until I delete it (which I also do via CC). Best $3 app I've ever bought.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I use Calibre Companion on my tablets, and load books to my device wirelessly. Through the CC interface, I choose what book to read, then select Moon reader from within the CC app. Next time I start up Moon, any book I've already opened that way, is still there, until I delete it (which I also do via CC). Best $3 app I've ever bought.
We just bought a cheap $20 tablet last weekend that will probably only be used as an eReader. I then purchased Calibre Companion and MoonReader Pro after hearing such rave reviews all over this site... both were a breeze to set up and get reading my Calibre library.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

$20 tablet? What brand?
Old 12-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
$20 tablet? What brand?
Nothing we'd ever heard of before! It's an Azpen. It's slow, no bells and whistles, but it'll do it's job as an eReader.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I agree with two things, lack of documentation is not helpful and the ease of getting books on board is fraught. Good job I don't yet use Moonreader as my first choice for reading books. Long live my CyGen...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Nothing we'd ever heard of before! It's an Azpen. It's slow, no bells and whistles, but it'll do it's job as an eReader.
I'm glad it works well as an ereader. My sister in law got a Klu (???) for Christmas. I think it's a 7", I'd never heard of it. She paid $50. I haven't asked her about it yet. I think as long as she can read on it, she'll be happy. (Although the thought makes me shudder). The Klu would probably be worth $20, but not $50. (It's ridiculous they didn't take my advice and get the Nook HD on Black Friday. It would have been SO worth the extra $29.)
Old 12-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
RBraverman
Enthusiast
RBraverman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I agree with two things, lack of documentation is not helpful and the ease of getting books on board is fraught. Good job I don't yet use Moonreader as my first choice for reading books. Long live my CyGen...
I finally figured it out and you could actually look at it as the author figured this would not be the only reader you had, so you dump all you books into a "community" folder, then import/add/etc them from there to wherever the eReader of choice wants them.
The biggest problem, is; say you add 25 books, and a few weeks later you add another 5 into the Community Folder. Now you go into M+R, and um, which books did I just add?
Of course mobi's changing the title to the same entry as the author is a pain, but we'll see.
RBraverman is offline   Reply With Quote