Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

View Poll Results: How often do you use TTS (Text-to-speech) for "reading" books?
Frequently 0 0%
Occasionally 2 66.67%
Never 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
rexall
rexall began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Flier
Remote control for TTS in Android/Moon+ Reader?

Fri 6 Dec 2013, 9:38 am

Hi All,

Long time no see.

I wonder if anyone knows of a remote control device that can work the TTS in Moon+ Reader on my HTC Desire (android)?

I usually listen to book when I go on my morning bicycle rides. It would be v. nice if there were a earbud headset or something where I could pause the reading, quickly repeat the previous 5 seconds, or rewind as required. I know plenty of earbudheadsets have remotes which allow you to control the MP3 player, so theoretically, should be something to control book readers. No?

BTW, I use the Amy voice in Ivona TTS engine. Awesome! It is so natural, almost spooky! light years ahead of google voice or any of the others I have used.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Aloha,

Rex
Khon Kaen, Thailand

[Promotional links deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-06-2013 at 08:02 AM.
rexall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I don't have an answer for you, just a thumbs up for ivona tts and Amy (UK) voice. Best tts I've heard yet. There is a US voice but she does not sound as sexy . Currently free while in beta.

Btw, if you are into tts, you should check out moon reader, which gives you more tts control, pause / resume and jumping to next / prev sentence / page. You can also add a sort of translation table to correct some misreading, like

I.e. = I e not I dot e.
No. Followed by non numeric = no not number
w/ = with Not w slash

I don't know what it supports in term of remote control, though. It's on sale now for $2.50.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote