Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
New Nexus 7 + $25 play credit?

My husband got me the new Nexus 7 for Christmas. I opened it up and registered it to the same account my old Nexus was on, so I could keep all my apps I'd bought. Setup was a breeze, everything showed right back up, except for my books, which I had to reload myself.

I keep seeing all around the Net about free $25 Play store credit, but I got nothing, does anyone here know what I need to do to get this credit? Does the credit only come if the tablet was bought direct from Google, or should the store have given him something?

He bought it at Staples, if that helps.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I'm sure that was only if you bought it right from the Play Store. I saw it on their web page the other day. If your DH got it from Staples with the coupon, like I did, no, no credit. The credit offer I saw involved buying the tablet at full price. Personally, I prefer to get it on sale.

I don't see the offer there, now, anyhow.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-20-2013 at 08:24 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Alright, thanks! This is the second one I've gotten, and not got the credit, because of timing or where I bought it. But you're right, the sale price IS the better deal, I'd have been letting that credit sit til I found apps I REALLY wanted. I mostly just read and surf the web, and I've paid for the better reader apps already.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
He bought it at Staples, if that helps.
The Play store credit offers are usually for buying the device directly from Google through the Play store.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
I'd have been letting that credit sit til I found apps I REALLY wanted. I mostly just read and surf the web, and I've paid for the better reader apps already.
Same here! I very seldom buy an app, so that $25 wouldn't have done ME much good.

So, loving your Nexus, I hope? I find it to be an excellent ereader.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
diremommy
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Same here! I very seldom buy an app, so that $25 wouldn't have done ME much good.

So, loving your Nexus, I hope? I find it to be an excellent ereader.
Oh yes, most excellent!