Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
Galaxy S4 and Ebooks

Have to decide on a new phone as my iPhone 4 is almost dead. Considering Galaxy S4 4G version but the deal breaker will be the use of ebooks as I depend on my iphone to read something every day. Is it easy to load drm free ebooks (mostly epub and a few mobi) on the Galaxy and how many can I load onto a 32g micro sdcard for when I am out of the city and away from my computer. I have read up on the apps necessary and will probably get Moonreader plus Kindle plus Mantano but its hard to find somewhere that tells me steps 1, 2, 3 etc - like the early days on iphone .....I can find info on most other subjects I needed answers to but not on the use, storage and retrieval of ebooks. Can anyone help please with some 1,2,3 step answers. Many thanks. Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Have to decide on a new phone as my iPhone 4 is almost dead. Considering Galaxy S4 4G version but the deal breaker will be the use of ebooks as I depend on my iphone to read something every day. Is it easy to load drm free ebooks (mostly epub and a few mobi) on the Galaxy and how many can I load onto a 32g micro sdcard for when I am out of the city and away from my computer. I have read up on the apps necessary and will probably get Moonreader plus Kindle plus Mantano but its hard to find somewhere that tells me steps 1, 2, 3 etc - like the early days on iphone .....I can find info on most other subjects I needed answers to but not on the use, storage and retrieval of ebooks. Can anyone help please with some 1,2,3 step answers. Many thanks. Berni
It depends on what your requirements for the reader app. If you're OK with something simple, then I would recommend Google Play Books. You upload your books to your account on your PC, and then they sync on your device automatically, you don't have to worry about copying them yourself.

If you want something fancier, you can look at Mantano, Moon+ and countless others in the play store. I have used Mantano myself, and you simply need to tell the app where your books are (or let it find by itself, it will scan on launch), and all books should show up after the scan.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Just load the books onto the SD card and I assume most third-party apps, like afv011 says about mantano, can be told to use sdcard/ebooks or whatever as the ebook folder.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
If you calibre, check out the calibre companion app.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote