Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Gerlyn
Enthusiast
Gerlyn began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Font color for links through style sheet

I want to have different colors for links in my document. Due to background colors, the default blue is not readable all the time. I have an ID class in the style sheet to give me a new set of link styles and it works as expected in Sigil, but does not work in iBooks when tested. I have used the code !important in the style sheet which has always worked with other styles, but still ignores it.

My second question is I have created anchor links in the document. The actual anchor I have created changes to a font color of blue when viewed in iBooks. This confuses people who think its a link. What do I put in the style sheet to override that?
Gerlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerlyn View Post
I want to have different colors for links in my document. Due to background colors, the default blue is not readable all the time. I have an ID class in the style sheet to give me a new set of link styles and it works as expected in Sigil, but does not work in iBooks when tested. I have used the code !important in the style sheet which has always worked with other styles, but still ignores it.

My second question is I have created anchor links in the document. The actual anchor I have created changes to a font color of blue when viewed in iBooks. This confuses people who think its a link. What do I put in the style sheet to override that?
This is really a HTML question.

a:link {
color: blue;
}

a:visited {
color: purple;
}

a:active {
color: red;
}
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Gerlyn
Enthusiast
Gerlyn began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Yes that is how you would do the standard link, but was not the question. I have the above that I use, I need another set so I can use different colors that works in the epub that iBooks recognizes. It works in the Sigil program that I have used to create the book, but that is it.
Gerlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerlyn View Post
Yes that is how you would do the standard link, but was not the question. I have the above that I use, I need another set so I can use different colors that works in the epub that iBooks recognizes. It works in the Sigil program that I have used to create the book, but that is it.
You need to ask in a i-books group. Sigil makes VALID EPUB's
i-books does it a think-different way

BTW you can substitute any color (even make them the same: ie black)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote