Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
jborde
jborde began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello Everyone!!

Hello everyone!! I'm new to MobileRead. I'm a physician in Louisiana, USA. I have been using mobipocket for years now. I have several medical books which I refer to alot while on rounds and caring for patients. My palm TX was stolen recently, so now all I have is my I Phone. I have been struggling with 5 (.prc mobipocket) books these past few days. I have installed every reader to my iphone. I recently found out that the reason the books will not open is due to "DRM". I have tried everything mentioned on the internet to remove this. I'm not very good with computer programming and things of this sort, and have failed at removing this "DRM" thing. I cannot understand why they just won't release a mobipocket reader for the i phone, especially for medical books. I put people first every day in my line of work. Why can't they?? If there is anyone out there who can help me, words could not express my gratitude! I have all of the books stored in a file which I could email to get fixed. My email address is jevinb@centurytel.net. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jborde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Hello jborde

Welcome to the forum. I believe you will get more help in the forum specifically target on mobi format files. That is where the mobi experts hang out. I am moving this discussion to that forum.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Unfortunately forum rules prohibit direct assistance in removing DRM. If you Google MobiDeDRM, however, you'll likely find someplace that will provide such assistance. (Or at least instructions.)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
@jborde: Some folks have also made a GUI for that to make it easier, but you need to have Java and Python installed anyway.

PS: I haven't tried it myself bc my device is PID capable in MOBI sense of the term.

Last edited by dioib; 01-21-2010 at 09:50 PM.
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote