Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Anyone seen the Crazy Cat Lady?

Ricky has been absent since 29 Aug. Anyone know what's up with her? Did the Texas Association of Overland Truckers and Recreational Drunk Driving finally get her?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Maybe some new business keeps her away from MR?

ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post

aaawww !!!!

actually i've had word from her recently, so i think she's just got a lot of work to do.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's good to know. When she doesn't come around here, I worry. She's got so many calamities that she makes DG's vacations look serene...
Old 09-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
That's good to know. When she doesn't come around here, I worry. She's got so many calamities that she makes DG's vacations look serene...
i know what you mean !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post

Aaaargh! That's twice the number of nipples available... on a cat, that is.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Aaaargh! That's twice the number of nipples available... on a cat, that is.

I'm sure, Ricky can handle it.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
It's so sad. She was killed in a combination truck fuel and kitty litter explosion while on her way to deal with a sick computer.

Actually, I am in the process of installing a new motherboard on my main computer. I have also replaced the hard drives on all of my laptops, and have had a LOT of client work to do.

Also, my new business (tech4attorneys.com) is being set up (by Queen Zelda herself), and I'm about to go to California to start stumping for subscribers. I got the t-shirts with the wonderful logo (created by Zeepie) yesterday, and I've printed out the final set of business cards.

A writer/attorney who practices law in Kansas just read the first newsletter for the site and pronounced it "very well written" and "great for any practicing attorney." He is also subscribing, as are several of the attorneys I know in California.

I've got the outlines finished for articles to carry me through the next year, and I'm too busy to tell whether I've gotten half of the stuff done I need to do.

I had a few nights of screaming pain (mostly my back .... sometimes my wrist, but my back has been getting the worst of it). So, those nights I've just gotten up and taken a Vicodin .... maybe one every four hours or so.

Also, I'm getting ready to start volunteering at a "Dog Ranch" where they rehabilitate dogs and get them adopted. They don't so much need me as a dog wrangler as they do as a computer geek. They are having all sorts of problems that I know I can fix.

The thing is, this wonderful couple that I met a few years ago, sort of reconnected with me, and they've been helping me with so much stuff. Once or twice a week they take the girls out walking (so they get a little more exercise than I can give them by myself), and they have also helped me clear out the last of the fire hazards around the house.

They are both involved at the Dog Ranch, and so I thought I would volunteer to pay them back for all the help they've given me lately. (I'm going to start as soon as they are back from hiking through England.)

Anyway, I may not be around much until all this stuff gets sorted out. I finally hit a bit of a wall as to the number of hours in the day combined with the fact that I am (let's face it) getting old.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
pshrynk

Glad those truckers are still without a Ricky stamp on their cards! Hope you'll be back with us soon!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
.... my new business (tech4attorneys.com) ....
So how is this coming along? Been missing you lately, but being too busy having fun in real life is, of course, of wonderful excuse! I hope your back pain goes away or tells your doctor how to fix it.

Quote:
.... start volunteering at a "Dog Ranch" where they rehabilitate dogs and get them adopted. They don't so much need me as a dog wrangler as they do as a computer geek. They are having all sorts of problems that I know I can fix.
Playing with the dogs sounds like fun too. Specially if they wind up with any puppies, though maybe that's not their specialty.

Quote:
The thing is, this wonderful couple that I met a few years ago, sort of reconnected with me, and they've been helping me with so much stuff. Once or twice a week they take the girls out walking (so they get a little more exercise than I can give them by myself), and they have also helped me clear out the last of the fire hazards around the house.
Yayy!! It's about time you found friends who like to help YOU in return for your help. I mean, I love to help people too, but every once in a while ya land in a position where you really need to receive help. (much though us strong types hate to admit it!)

Guess I'd better go check out your techie attorney site, even though I probably won't understand any of it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote