Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #166
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Another thank you post The cursor sync between views is perfect and I really like the new features, especially the "ignore" function in spell check. Sigil keeps getting better and better!
Thanks for the feedback. Cursor syncing was one of my bugbears too and I spent literally days tracing dozens of permutations of code paths to get it right. So I am pleased you noticed .
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #167
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Ignore words is for the lifetime of keeping Sigil open - as soon as you close Sigil, the ignore words list is lost. I should also add that if you switch dictionaries or make other changes in the Preferences screen, that will also clear the ignore words list.

If you want the words to be remembered, add them to a dicitionary. You could have an SFF dictionary for instance and just switch between them in Preferences.

and
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #168
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Ignore words list

Quote:
Ignore words is for the lifetime of keeping Sigil open - as soon as you close Sigil, the ignore words list is lost.
Congratulations! This beta is excellent.
What about? if you keep a ignore words list for each book.
Sure, with a delete button for the user.
Thank you, thank you again.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #169
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
You can create a dictionary for each book as kiwidude mentioned.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #170
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ignore words list

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
You can create a dictionary for each book as kiwidude mentioned.
The dictionaries are for the words I want to save.
The ignore list is for words that I do not want to keep, and I do not want to be bothered with a red line, when I'm doing a spell-check of the text.

Edit:
To be useful as the dictionaries, the menu on spell-check: add to dictionary, should have the option to choose the dictionary.

Last edited by jbacelar; 09-30-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #171
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
hard coded to some local qt libs on Mac OS X 10.8.2

Hi,

I tried the latest beta under my machine (with local Qt version 4.7 installed) from sigtrap get the following as an error upon launch:

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/local/Cellar/qt/4.8.2/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtSvg.framework/Versions/4/QtSvg
Reason: Incompatible library version: QtSvg requires version 4.8.0 or later, but QtGui provides version 4.7.0

So it appears I either need to update to my own 4.8.2 version of Qt or the build did itself is linked to qt libs not part of the Sigil.app framework.

Hope this helps,

KevinH
Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #172
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
The MAC issue is known and expected to be resolved for the next beta.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #173
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
The dictionaries are for the words I want to save.
The ignore list is for words that I do not want to keep, and I do not want to be bothered with a red line, when I'm doing a spell-check of the text.

Edit:
To be useful as the dictionaries, the menu on spell-check: add to dictionary, should have the option to choose the dictionary.
Yeah we understand what you are saying. Sigil 0.6 gets the "easy" version for now, anything more complex needs some thought.

One way would be to allow the "Ignore" words action to actually put the words in a dictionary file, in the same way that Add does, that the user can choose between in exactly the same way. A user will only ever have one Add and one Ignore dictionary active at any one time. So keyboard shortcuts and menus all stay the same. Pretty simple to implement too I think. The downside is that since your Ignore dictionary is not "forgotten", the onus is on the user to keep clearing it/switching it to prevent missing words in another book after some "aggressive ignoring". Perhaps the default behaviour would be a dictionary of "None" that behaves like the current beta, and a user switches away from that at their own risk.

Another way is that Ignore behaviour stays the same as current, but the user can add to multiple dictionaries, like you suggest. However this has it's own complications. For instance when the user chooses the simple Add menu option/key, what dictionary does it add to? It means one needs to be able to be designated as your "default" dictionary, and any other words can be added to your other dictionaries. You are also unlikely to want to have all dictionaries "active" on every book, so the user would have to be able to specify what ones are currently applied/can be added to. It all starts to snowball in complexity.

There are pros and cons of both. Neither will happen for 0.6 . But it certainly is something to consider for the future.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #174
jbacelar
Interested in the matter

Ignore words list

Quote:
One way would be to allow the "Ignore" words action to actually put the words in a dictionary file, in the same way that Add does, that the user can choose between in exactly the same way. A user will only ever have one Add and one Ignore dictionary active at any one time. So keyboard shortcuts and menus all stay the same. Pretty simple to implement too I think.
From my point of view, this is a good and simple solution.
I believe that every user should be responsible for the management and maintenance of their dictionaries.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #175
kiwidude

We shall see what the others think. Probably the biggest problem I have with it is that it means Ignore isn't really an Ignore. It is an "Add to Dictionary #2". And something doesn't sound quite right about that. As I said above, it needs some discussion. For now, you have to just enjoy that you *can* actually ignore words
Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #176
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I can see having the ability to save an Ignore list, especially when you discover your edit is not going to finish in one session

I have no problem with it being discarded at the end of a session.

I was going to say: Keep Until I open a new title... Then I realized that I sometimes have 2 Sigils going (to copy bits-n'-pieces from one to the other) the saved state (locations) of Sigil can get muddled.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #177
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
@ElMiko - absolutely nothing to apologise for, it was me thinking out loud. I am just happy to be able to marry the two together, since exaltedwombat hadn't yet come back to us with an example.
Sorry - I've been chasing deadlines on other stuff this week.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #178
kiwidude

@exaltedwombat - no problem. The issue we diagnosed (and fixed for the next build) was that regular expressions using lookahead or lookbehind would not actually "replace". Does that sound like the behaviour you saw?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #179
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Moderator Notice
Closing because this beta has been replaced by 0.5.906. See this thread for 0.5.906 beta discussion.
Closed Thread