Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
talonius
talonius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Feature Request / Idea: Tags as Status Tracker

Just a thought that occurred to me today: have an option to use tags as status indicators for metadata downloads.

I added some 600 CHM files to my library, then went to download metadata. 50 failed; I could've cut and pasted the file names, etc., but why not have the option to add a tag to the entries indicating whether the metadata download was successful or failed?

Then I could simply filter by tag to see which individual ebooks needed attention.

Thanks.
talonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/13225
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Oooo! Calibre is getting even better at the little stuff
Thanks Kovid
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
talonius
talonius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
OK, seriously, on Friday (pay day ) I'm donating. I've been meaning to, and yadda yadda... it's like joining NPR. You listen to it every day, you always say, "Man, I need to support these folks." But you never actually get to it.

But that sort of response kicks you in the teeth and forces action.

Thank you, Kovid.
talonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert