Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
Snauzoo
Enthusiast
Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Adding book to NOOK with Calibre question - wierd files appeared

I added my first book to my husbands brand new NOOK color, and discovered that there are two files I would rather not see there...especially if it will occur every time we add a book. They are:
driveinfo.dalibre
metadata.calibre

Are they necessary and if not how to prevent them from appearing?
Snauzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauzoo View Post
I added my first book to my husbands brand new NOOK color, and discovered that there are two files I would rather not see there...especially if it will occur every time we add a book. They are:
driveinfo.dalibre
metadata.calibre

Are they necessary and if not how to prevent them from appearing?
Those file should appear only ONCE per device Stoarge unit.

metadata.calibre is calibre's last index of the books upon your device.
driveinfo.calibre IIRC is a ID of which system instance (mainly used for those with multiple Calibre systems) put metadata.calibre there.

Last edited by theducks; 07-21-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: addes storage
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You can't stop those from appearing on the device. However, they should not be appearing in your library when using the library view.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Snauzoo
Enthusiast
Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Thank you very much! The books actually did show up in the Books tab. This is just so different than an iPad it is learning book all over!
Snauzoo is offline   Reply With Quote