Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #16
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Wait, I'm changing my answer........

I'd build one of these, make it as self sustaining as I could, invite a few friends and family over once in a while....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_Project
Cool concept! I could go for this choice!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #17
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'd hire an estate / tax lawyer

Donate 50% with provisions for spending to a rotating set of hospital / research centers (I'd work with the actual employees and not Board of Directors or Administrators)

Give family members the yearly max gift to families amount.

Purchase and joint title family member's homes, so I could have the tax deductions to continue the yearly max gift to families while they live there for free.

Set up college tuition trust funds for younger family members.

Set up yearly donations for local libraries, senior health centers, and shelters.

There is not much I really want for myself, just make sure I could continue to pay the monthly bills with the rest that was set up in the investment portfolios.

Pretty boring and practical, huh.. This was a game my son and I use to play, as he was growing up. When he was little, it was all about the things he wanted. Later, we began to refine the list to be practical and more realistic. The only thing that would be added by him is the chance to do more traveling.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #18
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Whatever I'd do with it . . .

I'd do it anonymously.

I wouldn't tell ANYONE I had that kind of money (except the tax lawyer, of course).

Telling anyone would be a really big mistake!!!
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #19
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Give family members the yearly max gift to families amount.

Purchase and joint title family member's homes, so I could have the tax deductions to continue the yearly max gift to families while they live there for free.

Set up college tuition trust funds for younger family members.
If you get it and I don't can I join your family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I wouldn't tell ANYONE I had that kind of money (except the tax lawyer, of course).

Good call, your 100% right. On the other hand just think of all the new friends you'd make
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #20
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Good call, your 100% right. On the other hand just think of all the new friends you'd make

Yeh . . . until I said NO just once.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #21
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
If you get it and I don't can I join your family?
Only if you are married to one of them.

Psst.. by the way, in the case of divorce the house reverts to me, according to the paperwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Whatever I'd do with it . . .

I'd do it anonymously.

Which is why I would be on the record as a "go between" for the charity funds. That way others would not know I was the one with the money.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #22
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Wait, I'm changing my answer........

I'd build one of these, make it as self sustaining as I could, invite a few friends and family over once in a while....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_Project
You could probably get this one cheap, buuuu-dy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosphere_2

Or you could start small.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #23
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Or you could start small.
That is so cool - I never knew they had them. I'll have to add that to my wish list!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #24
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I would buy a small property in the Cote du Luberon.

With a small swimming pool, a decent tennis court with artificial illumination.
Hire a chauffeur, a gardener, a cook and a kind lady to overview the running of the whole thing and to take care of the waking up of the bodies in the morning, with the assistance of the ancillary stuff that she sees fit.

And then I would make friends with the neighbors and the local flicks. Play petancle. Go skying in the Alps, go fishing in the Mediterranean Sea when there is the passage of anchovies, put the anchovies under salt, take the plane to go and visit friends in other continents. Take the train and goto Paris and shop at the Fnac. To Avignon for some cultural events. Go and see the corrida de toros in Nimes. Follow the seasons. Be one with nature. See a film on TV. Read a book. Sleep in silk pajamas. Go out for dinner and drink a full bottle: Robert will drive us home. Smoke hand made cigars.

When I will be fed up of making love to myself I will make a foundation and devolve everything in favor of something of value.

This is a project I am cultivating since long time. It takes about 15 Megadollars. Swiss Francs, Euros. It does not matter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Luberon_topographic_map-fr.png
Views:	167
Size:	584.3 KB
ID:	49735  

Last edited by beppe; 04-12-2010 at 04:05 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #25
dsvick
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Only if you are married to one of them.
I that case, can my wife join?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #26
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Build an indestructible robotic exoskeleton, complete with levitation rocket boots.

Then buy a cape, fight crime, and do goodly deeds.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #27
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Some ex-wife of some rich sports guy wants a million per month to live on.
Seriously who's got living expenses of a mill a month. But I guess that if you get used to a certain lifestyle you see it as the most natural thing in the world and stop reflecting about it, or perhaps she just wants to get even and hit him where it hurts
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #28
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
2. Give some money to Kovid Goyal and other developers.
That's a great one, I have not seen posted before.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #29
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Pay off all outstanding debt - mainly student loans.
Quit my job.
Buy house with two car garage.
Buy kids a house.
Buy everyone in my extended family an electronic reading device.
Buy every book I want.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:10 AM   #30
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
I'd STOP Worrying
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote