Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
fetito666
Enthusiast
fetito666 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd
Question Cannot send anylinger ebooks to my Kindle via Calibre

Hello!

I reinstalled Windows 10 and installed the latest Calibre 3.39.1 version again.

I added my Kindle email into the settings, but somehow I cannot send books now via email to my Kindle Paperwhite 3.

There is no error message. The Gmail address that I added to Calibre passes the test.

What happened?

Thank you!

Last edited by fetito666; 02-12-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added icon
fetito666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2019, 01:32 AM   #3
fetito666
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you! I have read that FAQ yesterday.

I repeat: Two days ago Calibre worked fine, but after reinstalling the OS, I just cannot send the books to my Kindle.

It used to work fine before I reinstalled Windows 10 again.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetito666 View Post
Thank you! I have read that FAQ yesterday.

I repeat: Two days ago Calibre worked fine, but after reinstalling the OS, I just cannot send the books to my Kindle.

It used to work fine before I reinstalled Windows 10 again.
Well, maybe your reinstall went off track.
e-mail settings are details must be right, fussy

Your Anti Virus may be blocking (anti-bot measures) apps that 'mail' stuff, requiring you to 'allow'

Your GMX account may have been deleted (if that was your host). Test that direct to see if it is still working.

The biggest problem with e-mail accounts: They were set up (and debugged) 5 years or more ago, and they just work. You forget what you had to tweak to get it working.

Last edited by theducks; 02-13-2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: added stuff
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #5
fetito666
Enthusiast

I repeat: It stopped working after reinstalling Windows 10.

So I guess my Gmail itself is working okay. Some Calibre settings are not set up correctly.

I use the Windows Defender. I don't user other security software.

Is there a way to post logs from Calibre here?

Thank you!
Advert
Old 02-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I repeat: It stopped working after reinstalling Windows 10.

So I guess my Gmail itself is working okay. Some Calibre settings are not set up correctly.

I use the Windows Defender. I don't user other security software.

Thank you!
Switch to using Forum Advanced mode. There are way more controls.

Spoiler tags (the eye with the red X ) is the way to hide logs from those that don't want to scroll thru pages. Simply select the pasted log, and click the spoiler icon.

Please don't GUESS. Test your Gmail account The W10 install might just be coincidental
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:31 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Put them in a zip, then in Advanced mode attach via Manage Attachments - via paper clip icon in the toolbar, or scroll down to the Attach Files section under the text box.

If they are relatively short post in code tags - the # button in the tool bar.

Added : Might be worth posting a screen shot of what you have in Preferences->Sharing books by email - as an attachment

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-16-2019 at 06:35 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:01 AM   #8
fetito666
Enthusiast

Issue resolved. I created a new Gmail and this fixed the issue.

Strange.