Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2016, 12:04 PM   #1
erich.j.kram
erich.j.kram began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Calibre on a MacBook Pro (late 2016, TB)

I have a new MBP (late 2016, TB) which only has USB-C. I attached my PocketBook Touch Lux 3 using an adapter (USB-C to USB-A). When I attach the reader it doesn't ask whether to use the PC Link or Charge, so I guess the PocketBook may be the problem. Calibre doesn't seem to see the device either.
I tried to activate the PC Link manually but that doesn't seem to help since nothing happens.
Any advice on how to proceed with this?

Thanks in advance,
erich.
erich.j.kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Does the Mac itself see the device (does it show in the Finder)? If not then Calibre isn't going to see it either.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2017, 04:47 AM   #3
erich.j.kram
erich.j.kram began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Does the Mac itself see the device (does it show in the Finder)? If not then Calibre isn't going to see it either.
Sorry it took me so long to get back.
Turns out if I don't use the original USB cable that comes with the Pocketbook the computer won't see it
erich.j.kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by erich.j.kram View Post
Sorry it took me so long to get back.
Turns out if I don't use the original USB cable that comes with the Pocketbook the computer won't see it
For use with usb c use usb cable that are recommended by this Google engneer.

Google engineer leaves scathing reviews of dodgy USB Type-C cables on Amazon

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 01-20-2017 at 12:38 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
macbook pro, macos