Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
luniq
luniq began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
No spaces in notes with pdf

Hi guys, I am testing my friends prs-650 because i am planning on buying one.
I stumbled on one problem, after making notes using the highlights, notes generated dont have spaces between the words. For example if i highlight these words 'bla bla bla' the note will be 'blablabla'. I only tested 2 pdfs, 1 has this problem and the other not. Is this a common problem or does it only affects some type of pdfs? And how to fix it? Thanks
luniq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I've never noticed it and I've annotated pdfs (at least on a 600). Maybe the pdfs are buggy? Try converting them to Epubs maybe.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #3
luniq

My main use will be reading text books so i would like the pdf stay as it is. I tried using calibre convert to pdf but it broke stuff up. Is there a 1 to 1 conversion setting, perhaps that would solve this? or is there some software that can reformat the text and making it compatible with the e book?
Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
luniq

problem solved...
I used 'Add Tags to Document' from 'Accessibility' option in Acrobat