Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-14-2017, 04:48 PM   #1
jcarruth
jcarruth began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Kindle App
How Can I Change the Title of A Kindle Book So It Shows up in the Kindle App?

After learning how to remove the DRM from my Kindle books so I don't have to be limited by the amount of times I can copy and paste passages when making my own personal study notes, I reimport the altered version into my Kindle App for Mac, but it shows up with the exact same title as the rights managed version.

I'd like to be able to give it my own title, something like "Book Title DRM Removed." As is stands now, the new and old version appear in my Kindle app bearing the exact same titles side by side, and it's hard for me to tell which one is DRM removed, and which is not. Re-titling the DRM removed version would solve this issue for me.

I've tried changing the title in Calibre, exporting it as a mobi file instead of an azw, and nothing seems to work. Is there a way to do this?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jcarruth
jcarruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The plugboard can insert additional stuff into the INTERNAL metadata.

I prefix the title with {series_index}'

All you need to do is figure out what to use on that book
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote