Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #1
Nsomniak6
Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle
HELP-Can't download MOBI from Kindle anymore

I don't know exactly how to explain it but there was an update on the computer Kindle reading program today and I tried to add my new books from there to Calibre and now they are in folders where they do not download into Calibre anymore. Has anyone else had this problem or is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Nsomniak6; 01-07-2017 at 03:44 PM. Reason: instant email notification option
Nsomniak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
shadith
shadith began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
I am having the same issue since mine updated on the first of January. I think it's restricted to KFX files. A work around for it is downloading the books that don't copy over from Amazon/Manage Content and use the download & transfer via USB. It will load normally once you drag and drop it into calibre.
shadith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:35 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsomniak6 View Post
I don't know exactly how to explain it but there was an update on the computer Kindle reading program today and I tried to add my new books from there to Calibre and now they are in folders where they do not download into Calibre anymore. Has anyone else had this problem or is there a fix for this?
This question has more to do with the DRM removal process than with calibre and the details of how to accomplish that cannot be discussed on this forum. However there is already some other discussion of the issue you are having due the the new version of Kindle for PC in this thread and in this thread.

The solution is to your problem is to install an older version of Kindle for PC from here and then immediately go into the options menu and disable the setting to automatically install updates.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #4
shadith
shadith began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Thanks Jhowell.
shadith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
Nsomniak6
Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle
Thanks to both of you!
Nsomniak6 is offline   Reply With Quote