Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Stanza Desktop available for Windows

Quote:
We are happy to announce that the first beta of Stanza for Windows is now available for download at:

http://www.lexcycle.com/download-windows

As this is the first beta release for Windows, there will be some problems and issues, but the core functionality of reading, converting books between formats, and sharing with Stanza iPhone/iPod Touch is all there.

Please use the support forums to report problems, ask questions, or share user experiences.

Enjoy!
URL: Lexcycle

Thanks to this release, it should be very easy to read your collection of e-books in any format supported by Stanza, directly on your iPhone/iPod touch.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Very interesting. It says it will read Kindle .azw files. I assume that means non-DRM .azw files. I'll have to experiment this weekend to confirm.

Supported Formats
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Very interesting. It says it will read Kindle .azw files. I assume that means non-DRM .azw files. I'll have to experiment this weekend to confirm.

Supported Formats
DRM free AZW is just Mobipocket format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Stanza doesn't support any DRM yet, so don't expect DRMed .azw to work.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
AMacD
Al
AMacD doesn't litterAMacD doesn't litter

Location: Bardstown, KY as home base, but RV following the seasons.
Device: Kindle1 and Kindle2 and Palm T|X
Stanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Stanza doesn't support any DRM yet, so don't expect DRMed .azw to work.
The Mac version of Stanza will not open a protected AZW file.
AMacD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMacD View Post
The Mac version of Stanza will not open a protected AZW file.
As expected.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Blog post on Telerad: http://www.teleread.org/blog/2008/08...a-great-start/
Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm using Firefox 3.0.1 and I can reduce it to a width of 634 wide. Any narrower and I'll get a scroll bar at the bottom of the Firefox window. So yes, it works for me.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #9
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Excellent! I had been using Bookshelf for transferring my own files to my iPod Touch, but I much prefer the Stanza interface.

This works great!

Thanks Lexcycle!

And thanks for the heads up Hadrien!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!