Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
mark121
mark121 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Changing colors of "hover over" balloons

I have just started using calibre 0.6.42 on my laptop running Ubuntu 10.04. I have encountered an immediate problem: when the cursor hovers over a selection, such as an icon on the toolbar, a balloon opens, providing additional information. My problem is that the balloon's colors on my system are white on light blue, which is pretty much unreadable. I do not find a "preferences" option to change this.

I see that the program is written in python, so it would not be hard to change the program itself, once I find the correct statement. So, the question is, where does calibre define what colors will be used for the foreground and background of the "hover over" balloons? If anyone knows, it will save me a lot of trial and error.
mark121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
update to 0.7.29 and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
mark121
mark121 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Just finished installing 0.7.29. MUCH nicer interface! Thanks!
mark121 is offline   Reply With Quote