Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
kalimero
kalimero began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Chess program

Hello,

I am a new owner of a Glo, and I play chess. So Im happy that there is one on the Glo. Do you know what program is this ? engine ?

As the interface is very simple, do you know if there will be updates ?

There is also another program (pb chess)
http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/index.html
Is it possible to install it on the glo ?

Thanks for informations
kalimero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
I doubt we'll see any updates to it. Everything in the "extras" section, as far as I'm aware, has never received any update on the Touch, which has been out for about a year and a half now.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
I doubt we'll see any updates to it. Everything in the "extras" section, as far as I'm aware, has never received any update on the Touch, which has been out for about a year and a half now.
Actually, they did update the Sudoko game. Any number you chose used to stay selected, so you'd have to click on a square with the selected number, and then change that number to the real one you wanted. (I know that sounds confusing, but if you've ever played it, you know what I mean.) Now the number selection stays blank and you can select any square, then add the number. The interface at the bottom is also slightly different.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I would love to see a chess program on my KT though.
It would seem the perfect device for such a game.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Dan; it IS there in the current firmware
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
MisterBuggie
Enthusiast
MisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura H20 2nd edition
It is? Where? I don't see it
MisterBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
I have not used my Touch since I got my Glo, but it was my understanding that the latest KT firmware included Chess in the "extras" section.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Dan; it IS there in the current firmware

Looking in the extras section of my KT, all I see is Sketch pad, Sudoko and Web browser.
I'm. using 2.1.5

Am I looking in the wrong place?
Old 11-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry... I was sure it was there.....
Old 11-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
danskmacabre
Guru

NPs, I didn't think it had chess, maybe they will someday..
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
NPs, I didn't think it had chess, maybe they will someday..
I have Chess, Sketch Pad, Sudoku, and Web browser in the "Extras" setting. 2.1.5 firmware.
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #12
danskmacabre
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconh View Post
I have Chess, Sketch Pad, Sudoku, and Web browser in the "Extras" setting. 2.1.5 firmware.
Really? how strange. I have 2.1.5 r 43939
how did you get that update? manually or via the update function?

What country do you live in?

Do you have a KT or a glo?

Last edited by danskmacabre; 11-07-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #13
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
Really? how strange. I have 2.1.5 r 43939
how did you get that update? manually or via the update function?

What country do you live in?

Do you have a KT or a glo?
2.1.5 r43939/Update desktop/Canada/ Kobo Glo (Initial set up)
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #14
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

LOL... dan was looking for Chess on the Toucn NOT the Glo!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #15
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
On the Touch, you can try this one (with the browser):
http://p4wn.sourceforge.net/sven/
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote