Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #1366
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I really fell off the wagon this month - and it's only the second! ...Dear Husband encouraged me to do it, though, so maybe I can say it's all his fault.
We must watch out for the enablers in our lives! They can throw us off of our stated mission very easily!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #1367
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Last month I purchased a collection of mysteries from what I thought was a legitimate source, and only later found out they're a pirate site. now I'm not sure what to do.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #1368
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Even 0.99¢ is almost free, but is still not free. But I confess I haven't seen many non-free sub-1¢ books around.

Even at $0.99 the purchase should follow the rules. Only buy if new release of favourite author or series, or if it's on a very special offer.

If the usual price is $0.99, that's not a very special offer!

No, not special at all! I am a big fan of freebies, and I do read many of them.
(Though, ususally they are #1 in a 10 book series... )

Really sorry 'bout your pirated books, Becca. Can you return them?
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #1369
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Last month I purchased a collection of mysteries from what I thought was a legitimate source, and only later found out they're a pirate site. now I'm not sure what to do.
Well, you could always try to get your money back. It seems unlikely that that would work, but it's worth an email or two.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #1370
jayne80
Connoisseur
jayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toys

Device: iphone 4s, ipad 3, kindle touch,kindle PW, kobo mini, kobo aura
I haven't bought a book in two weeks, may be i'm cured
jayne80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #1371
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne80 View Post
Well, at least on the road to recovery....Just watch out for bumps along the way...
Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #1372
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I've really lost the plot:

August
The Book of Basketball - $13.99 (Already Read)
The Legend of Huma - $5.59 (Finishing Today)
The Story Bundle - 7 books for $10, I think (None Read)

September
No Easy Day - $12.99 (Released Today)
Casual Vacancy - $17.99 (Releases 9/27)

So as of today I've purchased 10 books since 8/1. The only small consolation is as of tonight 2 will be off the TBR and I expect to tear through No Easy Day by the weekend. Still, that leaves 7 books with the JKR release looming at the end of the month. Oy vey.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #1373
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne80 View Post
now, and don't lie to us: what about an ebook?
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #1374
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
duplicate

Last edited by Namekuseijin; 09-04-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: duplicate
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #1375
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, no eBooks yet this month, but I did buy 11 Audio books. But I'd been saving credits on Audible since the spring, so I don't feel bad. And I didn't spend any extra money on them.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:49 AM   #1376
Wald07
Audiophile

Good job! Wish I could say the same!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #1377
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm very pleased to say that I haven't bought any ebooks this month. (Just don't ask about last month!)
Well, that didn't take long. Although both of them were subscriptions, so I didn't actively buy them. (F&SF and Grantville Gazette)
Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #1378
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can't really count those, Paul. Those were already committed (and I assume paid for.) For the purposes of this thread, I don't think they should count against you. Now, buying a NEW subscription -- that would definitely count.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #1379
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Can't really count those, Paul. Those were already committed (and I assume paid for.) For the purposes of this thread, I don't think they should count against you. Now, buying a NEW subscription -- that would definitely count.
It all depends. It's possible to count it when the money is paid, or when the book is delivered.

Either is fine. Just don't try to count it when the book is delivered when paying for it, and then pretend you counted it when paying when the book is delivered!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #1380
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Fair enough. Though my membership in Audible dates back to the 90's, which is when the decision was made. So I don't think I've violated the spirit of the thread. Now I would completely agree that buying extra credits would definitely count, and somehow I can't figure a way to count the buying of micropay dollars at Baenebooks.com as anything but buying books. But saving up my Audible credits and then spending those saved credits? That I'm good with.