Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
amr
amr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Migrating Calibre from one computer to another

I have installed Calibre on two computers, and want to migrate to one of them.

What is the best way to migrate a calibre installation? I assume it has built a catalog, plugin info, etc. how can I install this on another machine. Can I install the same version, and then copy some files from current machine to other? while calibre is not running?

Laptop 1: 0.7.38 (heavy use, plugins)
Laptop 2: 0.7.26 (not used much)

I see 0.7.40 is also available tonight.
amr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Simply copy your library folder from the first machine to the second, install calibre on the second, and point it at the new folder.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by amr View Post
I have installed Calibre on two computers, and want to migrate to one of them.

What is the best way to migrate a calibre installation? I assume it has built a catalog, plugin info, etc. how can I install this on another machine. Can I install the same version, and then copy some files from current machine to other? while calibre is not running?

Laptop 1: 0.7.38 (heavy use, plugins)
Laptop 2: 0.7.26 (not used much)

I see 0.7.40 is also available tonight.
What Gweminance said, just have 2 different Library folder names.
After selecting the Library (little arrow next to the books icon), you have an option to merge or you can select some books and Right-Click and Merge just those.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #4
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
I have Calibre on two laptops like you and I use Goodsync to keep both of them up-to-date. But, as the others say, you can also do this manually with copy/paste from an USB drive.
hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote