Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Pressure Sensitive Sketching Demoed on iPad

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/01/...n-ipad-demoed/

Quote:
The demo uses a standard Pogo Sketch stylus and pulls additional data from the iPad's touch screen to simulate pressure differences by measuring area of contact between the stylus and the iPad itself. They also incorporated palm rejection algorithms from their Inklet product to prevent detection of extraneous touches from your palm.

Unfortunately, they utilize private frameworks to access the data. Typically, Apple does not allow App Store apps to take advantage of private frameworks as they may change over time. Ten One Design is hopeful that the public UIKit framework could be updated to allow access to the additional data. If that happens, they plan on releasing their code as a free software library so it can be included in any App Store app.
Very cool-hope Apple opens up the API's for this.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Thanks!!

Thanks for posting this. I have the pogo sketch pen, and am really enjoying the sketching and painting programs. It's very exciting to think it already has the capacity for pressure sensitivity.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Does the pogo stylus work better on the iPad than it does on the iPhone/Touch?

I have a pogo and find it needs quite a bit of pressure to work properly with my Touch. I have a much more responsive action without the pogo stylus.

Just wondering how well the iPad responds with the pogo? (I don't have an iPad).
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Does the pogo stylus work better on the iPad than it does on the iPhone/Touch?

I have a pogo and find it needs quite a bit of pressure to work properly with my Touch. I have a much more responsive action without the pogo stylus.

Just wondering how well the iPad responds with the pogo? (I don't have an iPad).
I don't own a stylus, but have been shopping for one. Judging by a slew of reviews, Pogo Sketch is one of the better ones, but it requires more pressure than a finger, on iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I have a Pogo and yes, the pressure is an issue. It works okay, but I am hoping for something better, and cheaper.... Would like one with extra tips....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
I have a Pogo and yes, the pressure is an issue. It works okay, but I am hoping for something better, and cheaper.... Would like one with extra tips....
So the pressure is an issue on the iPad also. That pretty much answers my question. Thanks, Bremen.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Hi Javed.

It isn't perfect, but I find the pogo is better on the iPad than on my iPod touch. It could be extra screen space means you can see what you are doing. If I am painting, I find my finger more effective. But if I am sketching, the pogo improves my accuracy.

I don't find the pressure an issue, though i'd love to have pressure sensitivity. But i find that it is too short. I hope they come out with a longer version for the iPad. Also the tip seems a bit fragile to me, so I'm more cautious than i'd normally be. Overall, it good, but Room for improvement.

Btw, I love your logo- is it digital creation of yours?

Last edited by Victoria; 07-10-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #8
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Hi Javed.

It isn't perfect, but I find the pogo is better on the iPad than on my iPod touch. It could be extra screen space means you can see what you are doing. If I am painting, I find my finger more effective. But if I am sketching, the pogo improves my accuracy.

I don't find the pressure an issue, though i'd love to have pressure sensitivity. But i find that it is too short. I hope they come out with a longer version for the iPad. Also the tip seems a bit fragile to me, so I'm more cautious than i'd normally be. Overall, it good, but Room for improvement.

Btw, I love your logo- is it digital creation of yours?
Thanks for your response, Victoria. Interesting the pogo works better for you on the iPad compared to the Touch. Perhaps there is also a little more flexibility in the screen due to its larger surface area compared to the Touch. Hopefully the Pogo will continue to develop into a more user friendly instrument. For me, I have issues with the pressure needed and the lack of sensitivity it has. I haven't used it now for quite sometime and prefer using my fingertips.

Thanks for compliment on my avatar. It was created by an artist that is a member here at MobileRead, called FlorenceArt. The artwork she has given me permission to use is called "Blue Jinn." Here is her website with more of her artwork.

Your avatar is beautiful, did you create it?

Last edited by Javed; 07-11-2010 at 03:39 AM.