Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #646
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Dear Diet Diary,

My new bathroom scales have been ordered and fingers crossed will come on Monday. Hopefully there will be no arguing about weight and no leaning forwards to lose another half a kilo. I am hoping that the weight on the picture will be the same in real life

Digital stuff often comes with a plastic protector over the LCD screen with some printing on it. If your scale comes with these numbers on it, simply don't remove the plastic and never turn ON the scale when you use it. What a great way to lose weight!

I'm down to 87kg now... that's 16kg down since July. And I can climb 12 flights of stairs without stopping. That's 10 more than I could do in July too! and when I stop, I only need to rest for a minute or two, then I can do another 6 without stopping. I've decided that when my next birthday rolls around, I will celebrate 64 instead of 66. Hell, everything else is going down. Why not my age too?!?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:19 AM   #647
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Maybe if I can keep up the good work I will get to 62 kilos for real. I have not been that slim for about 6 years (about the same time since I have not had a cigarette )

wow 16kg! I am down about nearly 4kg to 75kg (even though I thought I was there last week, I was leaning forwards), but really only trying properly since last month. I finally went back to the Thursday night class at the gym, so three classes a week instead of 2 should help too. Not really missing the alcohol too badly.

I seem to look and feel more lumpy, but my waist seems to be getting smaller. I have not lost fat evenly, but I am glad that my t-shirts now seem a little longer.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #648
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have not lost fat evenly, but I am glad that my t-shirts now seem a little longer.
Regardless of the advertising claims, there is no way to lose fat from a specific area other than liposuction. The body is going to burn what ever it feels like burning. (Talking about subcutaneous fat rather than visceral fat here. There are ways to burn one more than the other.) Just like the claims for getting 'six-pack abs' requires losing the fat over the stomach so that the muscles can be seen. One can do sit-ups and crunches 'til the cows come home, but if there is a layer of fat on top of the muscles, we are not going to look like the models in the adverts! I've always had strong stomach muscles, but they couldn't be seen... until now. I've still got a ways to go yet too. But I do have to admit to feeling a lot better.

Stitchawl
Old 10-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #649
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm still hovering at 73kg. Need more willpower!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:21 AM   #650
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm still hovering at 73kg. Need more willpower!
You are 2 kg lighter than me! Will yourself to stay ahead of the game. Maybe we can have a competition to see how long it will take me to get to your weight. If it takes forever you are winning.
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #651
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Regardless of the advertising claims, there is no way to lose fat from a specific area other than liposuction. The body is going to burn what ever it feels like burning. (Talking about subcutaneous fat rather than visceral fat here. There are ways to burn one more than the other.) Just like the claims for getting 'six-pack abs' requires losing the fat over the stomach so that the muscles can be seen. One can do sit-ups and crunches 'til the cows come home, but if there is a layer of fat on top of the muscles, we are not going to look like the models in the adverts! I've always had strong stomach muscles, but they couldn't be seen... until now. I've still got a ways to go yet too. But I do have to admit to feeling a lot better.

Stitchawl
I also have rock hard abs under a soft doona of fatty skin. I can feel them now. When the fat is gone I am going to look just like those after ads in the useless machine ads.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #652
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
When the fat is gone I am going to look just like those after ads in the useless machine ads.
Hey! Those machines aren't useless. They are very effective at making a lot of money for the makers at the expense of people who are willing to go to any length (except reduce their calorie intake and really exercise too) to look like supermodels. They actually WILL help develop muscle. They just are completely unnecessary for developing muscle. You can build your stomach muscles very effectively without even getting out of your computer chair! Years ago a fellow named Joe Weider developed a muscle building program that was advertised in all the men's magazines, boy's comic books, etc., etc. Remember the cartoonish panels of the skinny guy at the beach and the muscle-man kicking sand in his face? That came from the Joe Weider advertisements. It was all based on what he called 'Dynamic Tension.' A revolutionary concept in its time, we've come to know it as "Isometrics." No machines and no movement. Just one muscle opposing another.

Stitchawl
Old 10-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #653
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Dear diet diary,

This week I have lost another half a kilo, and today after deciding I needed a BIG breakfast because I was hungry, decided not to eat the second piece of toast because I was full! And I didn't put any olive oil spread on the first piece. yippee. Poor last bit of toast is still in the toaster looking sad and cold.

I cooked the egg(only one - bloke had two) with a little coconut oil (apparently is better for not getting Alzheimer's), maybe it made me full too!

Waiting for postie parcel deliveries - expecting my new solar body scales, AND hopefull my new solar kitchen scales so I can properly measure food.

Am I getting a little obsessed? I don't mind if it means I will get under 70 kilos.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #654
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

- my new bathroom scales have come and they say I am lighter than the old rubbish ones! Next week's check in is going to look like I have lost 2 kilos!

What would you trust better? German engineering - new digital scales $100, or old Big W wobbly dial scales $17??

Is it like expensive clothes that have smaller sizes to make you feel skinnier?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #655
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Dear diet diary,

This week I have lost another half a kilo, and today after deciding I needed a BIG breakfast because I was hungry, decided not to eat the second piece of toast because I was full! And I didn't put any olive oil spread on the first piece. yippee. Poor last bit of toast is still in the toaster looking sad and cold.
One of the benefits of losing weight is how my mindset has changed... I start thinking about lunch... eating a pizza or a bacon cheeseburger... then find myself shaking my head and actually choosing a salad or something small and low cal. I love it.

Quote:
Am I getting a little obsessed? I don't mind if it means I will get under 70 kilos.
Ain't nothing wrong with 'healthy' obsessions!

Quote:
What would you trust better? German engineering - new digital scales $100, or old Big W wobbly dial scales $17??
The maker doesn't count. The scale doesn't count. It's the steady drop when using the SAME scale that's really important. Same scale used at the same time of day, same day of week or month, that really gives us a true picture of what we're doing. When I need to boost my ego, I'll weigh myself right after a big dinner, then again the next night BEFORE dinner. Great weight loss feedback. The fact that it's meaningless is irrevelant and immetesticle.

Stitchawl
Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #656
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

I just have to mentally note that next week's larger loss will be because of the change of scale, and continue with chasing the trend.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #657
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
I just have to mentally note that next week's larger loss will be because of the change of scale, and continue with chasing the trend.
No! NO! NO!!!! Forget about the change of scale. Be ecstatically happy with large weight loss. It's good for the bio-feedback!

Stitchawl
Old 10-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #658
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

OK - I am kinda happy that after lunch I still weigh less than I did first thing this morning. Even though I know it is not real.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #659
Stitchawl
Opsimath

See? I tol' ya!

Stitchawl
Old 10-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #660
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Same scale used at the same time of day, same day of week or month, that really gives us a true picture of what we're doing.
Exactly so. I weigh myself every morning just before my shower. One just has to ignore the daily variation, and watch the trend over a week or two.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote