Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
JoeH
JoeH began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader PRS-500 and PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just copy it to the Reader with Windows Explorer. Should work fine.
Thanks, yes, that did indeed work fine. (Guess I'm still used to the PRS-500 that didn't allow a Windows Explorer interface).

Don't think it will work for the DRM protected BBeB files though. Haven't figured how to export them from the Sony Library. (Perhaps I need to wait for them to continue their ePub conversions)
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #17
psercki
psercki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600 and nook
I had the same problem. I had a PRS 505, and for Christmas I received the PRS-600. When I tried downloading my BBeB books to the new PRS-600 I received the same message to download the e-pub version.
So... I looked in the Sony Read Library help file. It states that BBEB format is no longer supported by the Reader Library, so it's not the reader but the reader library.
psercki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 06:28 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by psercki View Post
I had the same problem. I had a PRS 505, and for Christmas I received the PRS-600. When I tried downloading my BBeB books to the new PRS-600 I received the same message to download the e-pub version.
So... I looked in the Sony Read Library help file. It states that BBEB format is no longer supported by the Reader Library, so it's not the reader but the reader library.
That's not true here.

I upgraded from the previous version a few weeks ago and the Sony Library App will store, read/display, transfer to reader, import, both epub and lrf/lrx files just fine as will my 505. Maybe it won't transfer them to the 600 for some reason, maybe it discriminates.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #19
JoeH
JoeH began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader PRS-500 and PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by psercki View Post
.... It states that BBEB format is no longer supported by the Reader Library, so it's not the reader but the reader library.
I think that may be the answer.

If the Library no longer supports BBeB format, then means are lost for moving previously downloaded DRM-protected BBeB files to a newly-purchased Reader. You can move any file, including BBeB files, directly to the reader by other means than the Library. Non-DRM-protected BBeB files will then work fine. But DRM-protected BBeB files not yet associated with the new reader won't be readable. You need the Libarary to do that.

It seems Sony is moving away from supporting DRM-protected BBeB books, and is assuming that making ePub equivalents of those books previously purchased from its bookstore at no charge makes this possible. And so it does. Except for previously-purchased books whose ePub format versions are listed at their store as "Available Soon".
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #20
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
I posted a thing about this on my 300. I have a 505 and a 600 too (as u can see, lol). I received my 600 for a bday pres in October and I don't have a problem reading lrx files on it (lookie Don, I got it right-yayyy!!!). I just bought my 300 last week and that message comes up when I try to move my books. Read the post on the 300 cuz someone mentions why it's happening where some can read them, some cannot.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67729

Hope this helps everyone!!!!

P.S. Watch out for blond moments in my post-my intentions are good but sometimes it takes a while for my brain to catch up!!!!
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bbeb, prs-600