Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-25-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Reader for Ebook Museum

Hi all,

the Ebook Museum is looking for obsolete readers, e-ink or lcd based.

The Ebook Museum is a non-profit organization that would preserve the memory of the ebook fenomena.

If you own an unused old device, like Palms, PocketPC, dedicate readers, please consider to donate it to the Musuem.

We also can consider to buy devices, or trade with other goods, or even as loan.

The Museum is under develoment, the first exibition was in the Book Fair in Turin, Italy, 14-18 May 2009.

Please contact us for your donation!

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Do you have a site where you list which readers you already have? And where are you based?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Do you have a site where you list which readers you already have? And where are you based?
the site is in early construction, the address is http://museo.excharta.org

At the moment is totally empty, just some samplers.
Moreover, is almost all in Italian, at the moment. (me and my EBook Club are Italians, based in Genoa)

In the next month we plan to fill it with the description of all the pieces present, and the planning of the tour.

The Museum is created to be itinerant, our target are the public libraries, the book fairs, the schools. At the moment in Italy, but we will consider other countries.

You can find a partial list of the devices at this link:
http://museo.excharta.org/wiki/media...=Collezione/en
Our best piece is a workink Readius, complete with his box.

Have you some readers to donate to the Museum? Even a Palm Pilot or a Newton, but also a complete original empty box of a Kindle or a Sony...

Thanks

Luke
Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Our best piece is a workink Readius, complete with his box.
We need some photos, please
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
When are you opening? I'd like to visit, someday
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
One thing you might do is contact Irex / amazon / bookeen / sony / netronix / whatever.
They might have some old suff hanging around, who knows.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Also, think about the software- I remember using TomeRaider in the 1990s, then having to abandon it because I couldn't find a freeware installer after changing computer, for example. What kind of interface did we use to get?
Old 09-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
One thing you might do is contact Irex / amazon / bookeen / sony / netronix / whatever.
They might have some old suff hanging around, who knows.
WOW!!!!

How much interest in the Museum!!!
Ok:
1) the Museum will not open. Or better, it is open yet, but it is itinerant. If you want to visit, please provide a location/sponsor near your home and we will bring the museum in that location. The next location will be near l'Aquila, the earthquaked area in the middle of Italy, since October 15.
2) I still have contacts with iRex, Bookeen, Endles Ideas, Hanvon etc...
3) a photo of the Readius?, No, a movie is better! (the hand is mine )
4) all software and format will have a section in the Museum's site.
5) every news about readers, software, formats etc. are welcome! Please provide it to us!
6) The Museum will grow with the help of everyone. So, please donate, donate, donate

I will open a section about the Museum as soon as possible in Mobileread, if Moderators agree...
Attached Files
File Type: avi READIUS.avi (1.84 MB, 255 views)

Last edited by eBookLuke; 09-26-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:16 AM   #9
Juliette
I eat books

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
WOW!!!!

How much interest in the Museum!!!
Ok:
1) the Museum will not open. Or better, it is open yet, but it is itinerant. If you want to visit, please provide a location/sponsor near your home and we will bring the museum in that location. The next location will be near l'Aquila, the earthquaked area in the middle of Italy, since October 15.
2) I still have contacts with iRex, Bookeen, Endles Ideas, Hanvon etc...
3) a photo of the Readius?, No, a movie is better! (the hand is mine )
4) all software and format will have a section in the Museum's site.
5) every news about readers, software, formats etc. are welcome! Please provide it to us!
6) The Museum will grow with the help of everyone. So, please donate, donate, donate

I will open a section about the Museum as soon as possible in Mobileread, if Moderators agree...
Nice thing, to bring it to L'Aquila

And if you want a bit of help with the site, I do know how to write HTML (just not this week ).
Old 09-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #10
Juliette
I eat books

I hadn't noticed the video!!!! How did you manage to put your hands on the Readius? It's mouth-watering!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:29 AM   #11
garyj
garyj began at the beginning.

Device: Axim X51v/iRex iLiad
I notice that you have the Ebookwise 1150 listed on your Wanted page.

I'm amazed that you don't list the Rocket eBook, which came _before_ the
Ebookwise, and is even more historical!

Anyway, I have a Rocket eBook which I would donate, but I'm not prepared to
pay for shipping. However, I'm located in Germany, so shipping wouldn't be
too expensive.
garyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyj View Post
I notice that you have the Ebookwise 1150 listed on your Wanted page.
I'm amazed that you don't list the Rocket eBook, which came _before_ the
Ebookwise, and is even more historical!
Anyway, I have a Rocket eBook which I would donate, but I'm not prepared to pay for shipping. However, I'm located in Germany, so shipping wouldn't be
too expensive.
Thanks Garyj!

Yes, the Rocket eBook was missing in the Desiderata, but also many other readers... Is just a draft :-)
If you really want to donate your device (or just loan, don't forget!), we will pay the shipping.
Please contact me in private for the details.

Luke!

p.s.: do you plan to visit the book fair in Frankfurt? Maybe we can meet there... Unfortunately I can't exhibit the Museum in Frankfurt in this year, but maybe next year.

Last edited by eBookLuke; 09-27-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Nice thing, to bring it to L'Aquila

And if you want a bit of help with the site, I do know how to write HTML (just not this week ).
Yes, we need!
We need also a person who write in good English... Not like me!
The site is based on the Wiki CMS engine, so is quite simple to manage.
If you want to spend (waste?) some time to help the Museum, we will enroll in our EBook Club ;-)
Please contact me in private for further details...

Luke