Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
StarDict 3.0.1 for iLiad

This is a StarDict 3.0.1 porting to iLiad.
I haven't tested it thoroughly.

How to install:
1. download the attachment and unpack it to "programs" dir in your MMC/SD card. There will be a "stardict" dir. The path is mandatory. if you want to install to another place, some modification might be required. Try it yourself
2. download xepdmgr contributed by Antartica and copy the file "xepdmgr" to the above "stardict" dir.
3. some files in /stardict/lib are not necessary and can be removed. I am just too lazy to check it.

How to operate:
1. There is a small icon in the bottom left corner for user to quit the program.
2. dictionary file can be downloaded from StarDict website. Where to put dict files? I don't know. I just checked that it can be started from contentlister.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-02-14_090749.png
Views:	825
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	23490  
Attached Files
File Type: zip stardict.3.0.1.iliad.bin.zip (13.80 MB, 789 views)

Last edited by ericshliao; 02-13-2009 at 08:17 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Put dictionaries in "stardict/share/dic" and it will be detected.

National glyph and multiple encoding scheme are supported, as long as you have proper font installed in your iLiad.
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
tudou331100
Enthusiast
tudou331100 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad V1, palm treo 650
Thank you for your post, It's very useful
tudou331100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Dunno
Dunno began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd Ed.
Hi,

I can't get this working!
I have attached a photo with the error message.

I have tried with the file "xepdmgr" from 1.9c version first, then with 1.9b version, with the same result.

Help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stardict error.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	22524  
Dunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #5
ericshliao
Guru

It has nothing to do with version of xepdmgr.
From the attached image, it seems that stardict was started, but failed to load some image file.
I'll see if I can make some further test later.

Before the test is made, I would suggest check if that unloadable image file is damaged

Last edited by ericshliao; 02-03-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Advert
Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Dunno

i have downloaded this once and again. Always the same message.

As you can see I installed the new contentlister that shows more items per page (smaller icons and font size)
Old 02-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
ericshliao
Guru

I can confirm that the package is ok with newlister. The time to start it took too long, but it did work.
I think there must be something wrong with that unloadable image file on your memory card. Maybe it's damaged. It's just a normal png image file. Please open that image file on your desktop to check it.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
Dunno

I can open this image in my pc.

The SD card I am using is almost new and works without any problem.

Maybe it's something wrong with the iliad itself. I will continue checking the unknown words in my dictionary as always

Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #9
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
that's great. Is this a new version of stardict. I remember stardict had been ported before, though with some problems such as the input and wait to reflash problem. Is there any improvement this time? Can it be started directly from within a book? I hate to close the book and open stardict and test my luck of finding the word in the dicts and then close the startdict and open the book!!! It's killing people's pleasure and desire of reading... Really hope someone would come up with a solution!
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #10
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
BTW, perhaps I missed something but I don't see many people interested in this kind of idea ... Is it because this is NOT possible at all, that it, to have two applications running at the same time on Iliad, for example, a pdf viewer and a stardict?
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #11
cze
cze began at the beginning.

Device: none
With fluxbux, there is a windowmanager for the Iliad, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20620 .
cze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #12
Ilya_Odin
Ilya_Odin began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad book edition
Hello!

So, I want to install stardict to CF card, not MMC. I've corrected some path in /etc/pango directory, but Stardict still doesn't work. Can you share a version, compiled for CF?

Best wishes,
Ilya
Ilya_Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:32 AM   #13
A4-
Connoisseur
A4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheese

Device: iRex iLiad v2
You might want to have a look at this tread, it's the 2.4 version but it works well.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10080
A4- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:42 AM   #14
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya_Odin View Post
Hello!

So, I want to install stardict to CF card, not MMC. I've corrected some path in /etc/pango directory, but Stardict still doesn't work. Can you share a version, compiled for CF?
My Stardict porting relies too much on non-official libraries. It's just a by-product of my cross-compiling adventure. In fact, I don't use Stardict on my iLiad. All Stardict dictionaries can be converted to mobipocket format. Mobipocket reader of iLiad should be a better choice.