Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #91
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Hi Inemi,
Should I buy an SD or a micro SD card for the i62HD?
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadja View Post
Thanks for the quick response Inemi
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #92
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
Hi Inemi,
Should I buy an SD or a micro SD card for the i62HD?
Thanks!
Micro SD
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 04:32 AM   #93
szlevi
Enthusiast

Thank you!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #94
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Where can I find the latest firmware for the Firefly?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #95
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Where can I find the latest firmware for the Firefly?
I am going to open the thread for FireFly updates next week.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #96
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will the system fonts in the menus be large enough to be readable?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #97
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Will the system fonts in the menus be large enough to be readable?
Hi,
the font in menus is indeed too small. The menu will be definitely redesigned soon (currently it is the same menu as in big screen models).
Old 12-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #98
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
I mostly read epubs with pdf-reader (new), and often experience a force close of the app (i.e. the book I'm reading is closed and I find myself on the home page) when I do a dictionary look-up or have added an annotation (not just high-lighting, but also entered some text). When I want to go back reading, the book is closed, I'm on the home-page and when I re-open my book, it's opening on the page where I was when I last opened the book and I have lost every annotation since then.

I can't reproduce this problem every time that I lookup/annotate, but it seems to happen with at least 25% of my annotation (only once in a while during a dictionary look-up).

Someone else who noticed this?
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #99
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
I also noticed this. Today, when new pdf-reader was closed unexpectedly, I lost the last reading page and some annotations, made since last start.

Last edited by Pooh_; 12-04-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #100
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
I mostly read epubs with pdf-reader (new), and often experience a force close of the app (i.e. the book I'm reading is closed and I find myself on the home page) when I do a dictionary look-up or have added an annotation (not just high-lighting, but also entered some text). When I want to go back reading, the book is closed, I'm on the home-page and when I re-open my book, it's opening on the page where I was when I last opened the book and I have lost every annotation since then.

I can't reproduce this problem every time that I lookup/annotate, but it seems to happen with at least 25% of my annotation (only once in a while during a dictionary look-up).

Hi,

this issue is known and already has been fixed. You will get the fix in the next software release in few days.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #101
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

this issue is known and already has been fixed. You will get the fix in the next software release in few days.
You are so awesome... (I just bought my 2nd ebook from you)
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #102
szlevi
Enthusiast

Hello,
My i62 HD device was shipped last week. I update its software as soon as I recieved it. I'm delighted with it very much.
But I have an issue which I have to mention.
On the first few days pdfs, docs etc. used to open rapidly. But now the speed of opening has significantly decreased. What could be the source of the problem? Thank you very much for the suggestions!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #103
adbosch
Addict

What is the latest (actual) firmware version number of the i62 HD Firefly? And is there any release date in sight (I love the Firefly but the software simply does not fit specs like screen size and resolution)?
And I do hope for some sorting out of menu options (it's a bit of a mess I think e.g. 'table of contents' and 'go to page' options should be alongside and not in different rows; and this is just one example) and more customization (e.g. standby screen).
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #104
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
I have a i62HD and it works OK. A good ereader
Some doubts:
-Will we get a change list of the next release?
-What about Coolreader hypen, can be configured to your language? (spanish in my language). I read that if you rename your language hypen file to Russian_EnUS_hyphen_(Alan).pdb it works. It can be done with OTFM and works but it should be a better method
-Some fonts don't work with accented words (like á, ó), there is no problem in not using them (or could be deleted by OTFM) but I wonder if that could be either solved or released localized versions of firmware. I suppose the same problem happens not only in spanish but also in other languages with accented characters like French
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #105
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
Hello,
My i62 HD device was shipped last week. I update its software as soon as I recieved it. I'm delighted with it very much.
But I have an issue which I have to mention.
On the first few days pdfs, docs etc. used to open rapidly. But now the speed of opening has significantly decreased. What could be the source of the problem? Thank you very much for the suggestions!
Complete n00b here, but have you per chance installed several dictionaries?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote