Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Prs-t1 demo mode

I went out of town without my MacBook and my T1 is stuck in demo mode is there anything I can do without my MacBook to get my T1 back?
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
fishman69
Enthusiast
fishman69 began at the beginning.

Device: Sonys - 500, 505, 900, T1; Kindles - 2, 3; Nook - Touch
As a wild stab, try a Reset. I have no idea whether it will work as I have no idea what demo mode is, but it should not hurt.

Harvey
fishman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The reset button doesn't get me out if Demo Mode. As an interesting side note one of the demo screens is The cover for "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"
Old 10-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I'm with fishman69; what exactly is "demo" mode?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Do you know how you got the reader into demo mode? Sounds like you might want to contact Sony Support for this one.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
trevgriff
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I'm with fishman69; what exactly is "demo" mode?
No idea I was on a plane from Denver to LA when it occurred. I thought I hit the reset button but that wasn't it
Old 10-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I did a Search on the User Manual and it comes up em,pty for "demo mode".
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
If it's like the x50s then it's a weird string of different keys... it is a method of putting a machine into a demo (demonstration) mode for retailers but should be damn near impossible to occur accidentally unless the T1 uses a really dumb method of setting it... anyway, if it has happened then try Sony or a retailer with units on demo, they should be able to help you, fingers crossed...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
trevgriff
Zealot

Now I can't even get it to charge. I guess it's going back.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
trevgriff
Zealot

All I have to search the net on is my iPhone so I'm not sure if this is iPhone specific. When I try and access the following sony site I get a permission error.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...true&mdl=PRST1

Can someone try accessing the hard reset file from a pc and let me know what happens.

If the hard reset instructions are there please post them thank you.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I got an authorization error as well when trying to access hard reset instructions for the T1.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #12
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
When I select PRS-T1 Series, it shows application error.

I found the below in the PRS-T1 manual and hope this may help - (Warning - I don't have the T1 yet, so don't know how this works)

*Settings*>*Changing the Setting

[Restore Defaults]

Restores the default Reader settings

or

[Format Memory]

Allows you to format the Reader’s internal memory and the microSD card.
Note
If you have formatted the Reader or microSD card on your computer, the Reader may not be able to display transferred content. In this case, use the Reader’s [Format Memory] function to reformat the Reader and your microSD card.

When either memory is formatted, audio file playback and content download stop, and the Wi-Fi feature is disabled.

Tip

Before formatting, make sure to backup data you wish to keep to your computer via the Reader software. Note that protected content will also be deleted when you format it
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
trevgriff
Zealot

Unfortunately when the device is in demo mode all of those options are restricted.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #14
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Did you contact Sony support as suggested by bookworm_girl?
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #15
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Another reason why devices should always have removable batteries: to allow forced resets. This is especially true of anything that uses android at the moment.

Is it possible the T1 is missing some sort of authorization (from your MacBook) and thinks it has been stolen?

Are there new security measures with the T1, given Sony's hacking issues in April (PlayStation Network) and June (Sony Pictures)?

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-17-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote