Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Wanted: sample annotated eBookwise file

Hi folks,

Does anyone have an example of an annotated non-DRM file (probably a group of related files, as I understand .imp files are "exploded" into many files on the eBookwise) from an eBookwise reader that they'd be willing to share? One of the iLiad techies wants to take a look, to see how easy it would be to port annotated eBookwise files to the iLiad (assuming they are not DRM'd). This could present a possible upgrade path for eBookwise owners to the iLiad or a future, hopefully less expensive model.

Thanks,
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
eBook formats

This is probably a useful link for that:

http://www.craphound.com/someone/download.php

Many formats here, among them eBookwise.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the link. (I've read the book, too. ) But after a .imp file is loaded onto the eBookwise, it is altered, and I would presume it is also altered once it is annotated. I don't have an eBookwise. (I'm considering getting one as an interim device until more of the iLiad's problems are worked out.) So I need the files from someone else's device.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #4
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I am not too sure what you mean.
I put my new books onto the SM storage card. When I put the card into the EBW and switch on it processes the book/s and places it/them in a folder named SOFTBKS.
There seems to be one sub folder for each book in this SOFTBKS folder.
In the subfolders are various files that I cannot read apart from an .inf file.
But I don't really understand it.
I do know that if I delete any of these book folders from the card the book does not appear any more in the EBW.
I am attaching a file containing the SOFTBKS folder with two sub folders.
I am not sure of the limit on this forum for attachments so I hope it is accepted.
I do not have my EBW to hand because my daughter has it on permanent loan but I had a SM card with some of my books on.
By the way, I use EBook Publisher from EBook technologies Inc to make my imp files.
Attached Files
File Type: rar SOFTBKS.rar (788.3 KB, 650 views)
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Thanks -- do any of your books have annotations on them?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:23 PM   #6
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
sorry - they don't -- it's not something I use.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote