Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 11-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Kropotkin, Peter: The Conquest of Bread, v.1, 17 Nov 2007.

A classic anarchist text, written by a man who started life as a Russian prince. The book recently appeared in PG.

From the original publisher’s blurb:
The Conquest of Bread is a revolutionary idyll, a beautiful outline sketch of a future society based on liberty, equality and fraternity. It is, in Kropotkin's own words, "a study of the needs of humanity, and of the economic means to satisfy them." Read in conjunction with the same author's "Fields, Factories and Workshops," it meets all the difficulties of the social inquirer who says: "The Anarchist ideal is alluring, but how could you work it out?"
About the Author.
Prince Peter Alexeivitch Kropotkin, (1842-1921): revolutionary and scientist, was descended from the old Russian nobility, but decided, at the age of thirty, to throw in his lot with the social rebels not only of his own country, but of the entire world. He became the intellectual leader of Anarchist-Communism; took part in the labor movement; wrote many books and pamphlets; established Le Révolté in Geneva and Freedom in London; contributed to the Encyclopedia Britannica; was twice imprisoned because of his radical activities; and twice visited America. After the Bolshevist revolution he returned to Russia, kept himself apart from Soviet activities, and died true to his ideals.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Kropotkin_The Conquest of.prc (273.5 KB, 1146 views)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Cheers again for the Kropotkin..

Hidari..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
A classic anarchist text, written by a man who started life as a Russian prince. The book recently appeared in PG.

The Conquest of Bread is a revolutionary idyll, a beautiful outline sketch of a future society based on liberty, equality and fraternity. It is, in Kropotkin's own words, "a study of the needs of humanity, and of the economic means to satisfy them." Read in conjunction with the same author's "Fields, Factories and Workshops," it meets all the difficulties of the social inquirer who says: "The Anarchist ideal is alluring, but how could you work it out?"
About the Author.
Prince Peter Alexeivitch Kropotkin, (1842-1921): revolutionary and scientist, was descended from the old Russian nobility, but decided, at the age of thirty, to throw in his lot with the social rebels not only of his own country, but of the entire world. He became the intellectual leader of Anarchist-Communism; took part in the labor movement; wrote many books and pamphlets; established Le Révolté in Geneva and Freedom in London; contributed to the Encyclopedia Britannica; was twice imprisoned because of his radical activities; and twice visited America. After the Bolshevist revolution he returned to Russia, kept himself apart from Soviet activities, and died true to his ideals.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
My pleasure. I'm glad that you like it.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My pleasure. I'm glad that you like it.
Now I have a Cybook so. I hope to enjoy the Krypotkin on E-paper. I went to His grave a few times in Moscow. I lived there for 7 years...so read heaps of Russian writers.. Plus in my long gone days went thru a stream of Anarchist writers.....
Old 07-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:

About the Author.
Another Russian writer that lived through this era is Ayn Rand (see "Atlas Shrugged"). She had idylls that seem to oppose those mentioned above which she idealized in her novels. Of course the real world is not idealized as the novels are but the novels do make a point and are, IMO, interesting reading. Although not in the public domain nor in any ebook format that I can find, I highly recommend it, especially as it presents the other side of the picture.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
hidari
MR Drone

Yes good point. I have read 3 Ayn Rand novels and several of her philosophy books. I must say I prefer her philosophy books to her fiction. Ironically, Rand is closer to Kropotkin in many ways. They both detested the State, but their solutions are a wee bit different.

hidari

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Another Russian writer that lived through this era is Ayn Rand (see "Atlas Shrugged"). She had idylls that seem to oppose those mentioned above which she idealized in her novels. Of course the real world is not idealized as the novels are but the novels do make a point and are, IMO, interesting reading. Although not in the public domain nor in any ebook format that I can find, I highly recommend it, especially as it presents the other side of the picture.