Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kindler Previewer - Windows & Mac OS X Intel

I didn't notice any announcement about this so I'm posting this one.

Amazon now (since mid-April 2010) have available a Kindle Previewer application for Windows (XP, Vista, 7) and Mac OS X Intel (10.5, 10.6).

This allows you to view DRM-free Mobipocket files (such as are produced using Kindlegen or Mobipocket Creator, or, indeed, Calibre), and see how they'll appear on the Kindle, Kindle DX and Kindle for iPhone. Well, approximately, anyway. I suspect it will use Kindle 2 settings for the Kindle sized screen, but I haven't double-checked.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000234621
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
I use the Kindle Previewer a lot.

I find lots of interesting books on Project Gutenberg, but I don't like the way they format their Kindle versions - no cover page and very often no TOC as well.
So I usually download the HTML version, and build my own with Mobipocket Creator.

It's very usefull if you want to experiment with text styles, sizes, paragraph indents, header sizes etc. - just build the book and preview it, without having to plug and unplug your kindle all the time.

BTW, since this version only came out in 2010, it must be the kindle 2 settings, at least my versions of the Gutenberg Books look identically on my Kindle 2.
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote