Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #31
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I'm curious as to how the RTF displays? Do images work? or the table of contents?
I have to create and test rtf file with pictures, various formatting, and table of contents for testing. Or, do you have an rtf file for me you could post legally?

In my tests so far, PB throws away most of the formatting.
It ignores:
- font (size, type)
- paragraph spacing
- first line indent
- justification
it keeps:
- bold formatting
- italic formatting

I like it very much this way, because it means you can override any crazy formatting some rtf files have. You can configure FBreader to use whatever size, font, line spacing, MARGINS you wish. On the fly! In the middle of book you are reading.

I have yet to discover how to set left justification for FBreader. I have always used left justification on my previous readers, because full justification was just ... jarring (*). With FBreader, fully justified text is really not bad. Not bad at all.

(*) I do not have such a keen eye for typography as my fellow mobilereader Ahi, but I worked in the field for some time, so my eye is trained to see when something is not right in typographical sense. And typographical grey and rivers are some of things I DO notice.

EDIT:
tables of contents do work in chm files according to manual, so you could use conversion software to process your rtf into chm. There are many such convertors, becaust this is the way computer manuals (mostly chm files nowadays) are created.

Last edited by kacir; 11-12-2009 at 03:13 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 AM   #32
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
In the menu, the buttons you can assign the button "On / off" feature screenshot.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #33
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have to create and test rtf file with pictures, various formatting, and table of contents for testing. Or, do you have an rtf file for me you could post legally?
If you go to Baen.com's Free Library you'll find over a 100 free ebooks in a variety of formats, including RTF. All have cover pics, some have maps. I'd suggest 1632 or 1633 as test files; they have map pics embedded.
For testing the other formats, you can find free books in just about every format ever made at Munseys.com.

I'm a big fan of FBReader on OpenInkpot and it sounds like the version of FBReader used in the PB360 is very similar (a big plus) but it is unclear if the imminent addition of ADE will displace it. Anybody know if FBReader will remain in the Adobe-fied release?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #34
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
With regards to the screen cover, is it just an extra piece to carry when you are using the reader or have they done something smart such as having it clip on the back of the device instead?

What's the behavior of the device when you switch it off while reading a book, is it similar to sony readers where it goes to standby and returns straight to the page you were on or something different?
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #35
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
With regards to the screen cover, is it just an extra piece to carry when you are using the reader or have they done something smart such as having it clip on the back of the device instead?
Yo can click the cover to the back of the device.
Very nicely integrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
What's the behavior of the device when you switch it off while reading a book, is it similar to sony readers where it goes to standby and returns straight to the page you were on or something different?
You can lock the keyboard, (this is something like standby)
When you switch the device off it is switched off completely and every time you switch it on it boots the kernel, loads the whole system and (as a configurable option) loads the book you were reading when you switched the device off. It takes less than 21 seconds.
My old Sony reader PRS-500 is on in 2 seconds after hitting the on switch and you can not beat that, but I would not go back, even if I could upgrade just display on the PRS-500.
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #36
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Does the little light on the front 'flash' when turning pages? It does on the Opus and I've found it can be distracting, especially when reading in lower light.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #37
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I'm a big fan of FBReader on OpenInkpot and it sounds like the version of FBReader used in the PB360 is very similar (a big plus) but it is unclear if the imminent addition of ADE will displace it. Anybody know if FBReader will remain in the Adobe-fied release?
Fbreader will of course, in addition, you can choose what you will discover a book (unprotected DRM) with Fbreader or Adobereader.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #38
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
How do you install a firmware upgrade on the 360? (I couldn't find this in the English version of User Manual.)
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #39
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
How do you install a firmware upgrade on the 360? (I couldn't find this in the English version of User Manual.)
What firware version do you have on your PB360 now?
Actually, you can download 14.0 from www.pocketbookreader.com/support/downloads
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #40
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
And after you downloaded it, please do the following:
You need a microSD and you must connect Pocketbook with a charger or computer with the USB wire.
1) Press the "On"
2) Press the button "Ok" and "top buttons for paging and keep them pressed until a message about this Firmware Update
3) Click "Ok" when you are asked to do so.
4) After reboot. Pocketbook can connect to your computer turned on ADE, and in it for him to pull the book with DRM.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #41
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Does the little light on the front 'flash' when turning pages? It does on the Opus and I've found it can be distracting, especially when reading in lower light.
It doesn't flash in a rapid manner but it does light up to acknowledge the button press and then turn off again when the page turn is complete
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #42
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
In the menu, the buttons you can assign the button "On / off" feature screenshot.

Here is an example with the screen showing "screenshot" selected for Sort press on/off

Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0002.bmp (234.5 KB, 2118 views)
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #43
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Its really nice to hold, exactly as you'd expect. If you are in the Portland area we could arrange a meet at a mall or somewhere for you to check one out in person. Some place kid friendly since I'd more than likely have one or both of my boys with me.

Strange things about the clicks- I found them to be reassuring that the buttons were strong/durable. Didn't dawn on me that some would be put off by the click. It's good to know.
That's really sweet of you - I live 3 1/2 hours from Portland, so it's not a trip I make very often, particularly as winter approaches. Thanks for the offer, though.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #44
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
It doesn't flash in a rapid manner but it does light up to acknowledge the button press and then turn off again when the page turn is complete
OK, thanks. Sounds the same as on the Opus.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #45
kacir
Wizard

Part II of my review

Thank you all for comments.

I have promised that the review will be continued.
There are quite a few important things I did not mention in Part I.

You can connect the PB to the computer using provided USB cable. When you connect it to Linux you can mount it as you would mount a standard umass device - an USB memory key or an external disk. My favourite Linux distro mounts the PB automatically as /media/EB600 Main Memory.
Here is list of files that were on my PB by default.
I have redacted the list (in case you notice a few missing bytes). I have deleted most of the screenshots pictures, some of my books and some of Dictionaries. I do not know what dictionaries are included by default in USA or European version and I do not want you to complain that you are missing some on your unit.
I have also loaded Droid font. You can find legal version of font - it was commissioned by Android developers and is published under Apache licence.
Code:
Kacir@Gloria ~ $ ls -Rl /media/EB600\ Main\ Memory/ 
/media/EB600 Main Memory/:
total 8644
-rwx------  1 Kacir root 1465256 2009-03-23 16:12 Aleksandr_Dyuma-Les_Trois_Mousquetaires.fb2
-rwx------  1 Kacir root  362354 2009-03-23 16:12 Arthur__Doyle-The_Hound_Of_The_Baskervilles.fb2
-rwx------  1 Kacir root 3223634 2009-09-02 18:19 Bedienungsanleitung 360°.pdf
-rwx------  1 Kacir root   81408 2009-11-04 17:05 Bedinungsanleitung 360°(Kor).doc
-rwx------  1 Kacir root 1371010 2009-03-23 16:12 Fedor_Dostoevskiy-Idiot.fb2
drwx------  2 Kacir root    4096 2009-11-10 22:57 games
-rwx------  1 Kacir root  133093 2009-03-23 16:12 Mihaylo_Kotsyubinskiy-T_N_Zabutih_Predk_V.fb2
-rwx------  1 Kacir root  263792 2009-03-23 16:12 Nikolay_Gogol-Noch_Pered_Rogdestvom.fb2
drwx------  3 Kacir root    4096 2009-11-10 23:09 notes
-rwx------  1 Kacir root  407790 2009-03-26 12:51 _O_Henry-Cabbages_And_Kings.fb2
drwx------  2 Kacir root    4096 1980-01-01 00:00 Photo
drwx------  2 Kacir root    4096 2009-11-12 17:04 screens
drwx------ 12 Kacir root    4096 1980-01-01 00:00 system
-rwx------  1 Kacir root   97508 2009-03-23 16:12 Taras__SHevchenko-Gaydamaki.fb2
-rwx------  1 Kacir root  903568 2009-03-23 16:12 Thomas_Hardy-Tess_Of_The_D_Urbervilles.fb2
-rwx------  1 Kacir root  287334 2009-03-23 16:12 Van_Kotlyarevskiy-Ene_Da.fb2
-rwx------  1 Kacir root  207248 2009-03-23 16:12 Vladimir__Dmitrenko-Lyubov_CHingishana_Fragment_Romana_SOLNISHKO.fb2
drwx------  2 Kacir root    4096 2009-11-10 22:46 2009_11_10_test

/media/EB600 Main Memory/games:
total 648
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  21412 2009-07-27 19:54 Calc.app
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  30820 2009-07-27 19:57 Cards.app
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root   5208 2009-07-27 19:54 Clock.app
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  11268 2009-07-27 19:55 Dictionary.app
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 314052 2009-07-27 19:54 Chess.app
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  26997 2009-08-15 23:27 miner.app
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  40191 2009-08-17 05:49 poterm.app
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root    737 2009-11-12 16:58 poterm.log
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 153124 2009-07-27 19:59 SeaBattle.app
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  40420 2009-07-27 19:59 Sudoku.app

/media/EB600 Main Memory/notes:
total 8
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 2009-11-10 23:09 Tess of the dUrbervilles.files
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  427 2009-11-10 23:09 Tess of the dUrbervilles.html

/media/EB600 Main Memory/notes/Tess of the dUrbervilles.files:
total 20
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 18418 2009-11-10 23:09 1257894540.bmp

/media/EB600 Main Memory/Photo:
total 1028
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  96230 2008-09-05 10:29 P1000209.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 119029 2008-09-05 10:30 P1000213.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  95211 2008-09-05 15:06 P1000258.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  65390 2008-09-05 15:06 P1000263.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  65089 2008-09-05 15:04 P1000267.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  86945 2008-09-05 15:03 P1010019.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  93919 2008-09-05 15:07 P1010354.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  51508 2008-09-05 10:28 P1010675.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  76957 2008-10-06 17:29 P1010785.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  98984 2008-10-06 17:28 P1010866.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  88101 2008-10-06 17:24 P1020123.JPG
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  93107 2008-10-06 17:21 P8210119.JPG

/media/EB600 Main Memory/screens:
total 12036
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 240118 2009-11-12 16:24 scr0001.bmp
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 240118 2009-11-12 16:26 scr0002.bmp
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 240118 2009-11-12 16:26 scr0003.bmp

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system:
total 40
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 1980-01-01 00:00 bin
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 1989-11-11 12:14 cache
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 1989-11-11 12:18 config
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 1980-01-01 00:00 dictionaries
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 1980-01-01 00:00 favorite
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 2009-11-10 22:43 fonts
drwx------ 3 Kacir root 4096 1980-01-01 00:00 language
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 1980-01-01 00:00 logo
drwx------ 3 Kacir root 4096 2009-11-12 16:50 state
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 1980-01-01 00:00 themes

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/bin:
total 0

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/cache:
total 60
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 60518 2009-11-12 16:49 covers.dat

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/config:
total 12
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  183 2009-11-12 17:02 fbreader.cfg
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  912 2009-11-12 17:05 global.cfg
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 3513 1980-01-01 00:00 styles.xml

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/dictionaries:
total 217888
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 15159015 2009-06-28 21:59 benc.dic
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  9460579 2009-02-12 10:56 dal.dic
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 16533763 2009-10-23 19:00 En-En-Webster_Unabriged_Ed.dic
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  1959627 2008-12-16 10:16 EngRus_korolev.dic
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root   497788 2009-02-09 13:01 en-ru_bussiness.dic
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root   630608 2009-02-09 13:21 en-ru_comp.dic

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/favorite:
total 0

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/fonts:
total 5480
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  191032 2009-03-29 17:58 DroidSans-Bold.ttf
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 3081908 2009-03-29 17:58 DroidSansFallback.ttf
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root 1174432 2009-03-29 17:58 DroidSansJapanese.ttf
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  117072 2009-03-29 17:58 DroidSansMono.ttf
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  190044 2009-03-29 17:58 DroidSans.ttf
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  189916 2009-03-29 17:58 DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  184836 2009-03-29 17:58 DroidSerif-Bold.ttf
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  177176 2009-03-29 17:58 DroidSerif-Italic.ttf
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  172532 2009-03-29 17:58 DroidSerif-Regular.ttf

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/language:
total 4
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 1980-01-01 00:00 keyboard

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/language/keyboard:
total 0

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/logo:
total 0

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/state:
total 20
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  280 1989-11-11 12:34 Arthur__Doyle-The_Hound_Of_The_Baskervilles.fb2.af0
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  383 2009-11-12 17:01 lastopen.txt
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  280 2009-11-12 17:02 _O_Henry-Cabbages_And_Kings.fb2.af0
-rwx------ 1 Kacir root  280 2009-11-12 16:28 Thomas_Hardy-Tess_Of_The_D_Urbervilles.fb2.af0
drwx------ 2 Kacir root 4096 2009-11-11 00:14 2009_11_10_test

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/state/2009_11_10_test:
total 8

/media/EB600 Main Memory/system/themes:
total 0

/media/EB600 Main Memory/2009_11_10_test:
total 4432
Kacir@Gloria ~ $
They say that One picture is worth thousand words, so I decided to take a few screenshots. Thank you Fokrosigan for the tip.
In order to take screenshots you have to go to the menu for key mapping and remap the "off" key to the "Screenshot". The Off key is the only key you can remap to make screenshot, this is why I could not find it.

Description of pictures:
Pix-00.png - This is the main menu. Please notice the names of two most recently opened books.
Pix-01.png - the same menu in landscape mode
Pix-02.png - after clicking on the settings menu you get to the settings screen[s] - this is example in landscape mode
Pix-03.png - Screen 2 of the settings menu
Pix-04.png - One of the example books in landscape
Pix-05.png - page 2 of the example book
Pix-06.png - menu from inside FBreader. Icons mean: go to page, exit book, search inside book, bookmark, close this menu, rotate screen (auto or four basic rotations), notes (including text clipping), dictionary, settings.
Pix-07.png - menu from inside FBreader. Icon settings selected
Pix-08.png - the same book, larger font
Pix-09.png - page 2 in the example book, landscape mode
Pix-10.png - Even bigger font. Please note that in FBreader you can set ANY font size in settings. Then you can enlarge fonts by steps by pressing key up and down
Pix-11.png - We are back in the main menu, portrait mode. We go into the Library
Pix-12.png - Library, basic view. Please note icons indicating that some books have been opened
Pix-13.png - In library hold OK and select "search". This on screen keyboard appears. Notice that keyboard screen is divided into 5 areas. You click up, down, left, right or OK to get to the upper lower, left ... etc area, and then you navigate further.
Pix-14.png - I have clicked left
Pix-15.png - ... and then down
Pix-16.png - here we see result of search
Pix-17.png - click OK to accept letter

I was allowed to upload only 18 screenshots, so I will make another 2 posts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-00.png
Views:	705
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	38987   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-01.png
Views:	659
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	38988   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-02.png
Views:	643
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	38989   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-03.png
Views:	646
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	38990   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-04.png
Views:	666
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	38991   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-05.png
Views:	682
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	38992   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-06.png
Views:	632
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	38993   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-07.png
Views:	611
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	38994   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-08.png
Views:	612
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	38995   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-09.png
Views:	593
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	38996   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-10.png
Views:	594
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	38997   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-11.png
Views:	622
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	38998   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-12.png
Views:	684
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	38999   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-13.png
Views:	654
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	39000   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-14.png
Views:	625
ID:	39001   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-15.png
Views:	586
ID:	39002   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-16.png
Views:	552
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	39003   Click image for larger version

Name:	pix-17.png
Views:	588
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	39004  

Last edited by kacir; 11-12-2009 at 01:51 PM.