Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
Laser
Laser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question How to change the order in which Calibre saves the library to disk.

I'm aware of this page on the manual: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html

However I'm not a programmer so I don't understand python. The thing I would like to accomplish is simple; changing the default order from {authors}/{title}/{title} - {authors} to {series}/{tags}/{title} - {authors}.

The strange thing is when this only works when I select all books and save them to disk. It doesn't work (and doesn't get recognized in the template editor) for new books. Also I can't select the newly saved library as my default library because it will just stay empty in Calibre.

What is the correct string to make my library save in this order?

Series / Tags / Title - Author
Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved to the proper forum. Read the sticky at the Top of this section https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175. for the reasons it does not work for you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, saving to disk, template language