Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
rtudor
rtudor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Messy Format as Book vs Doc

When I transfer a pdf file onto my kindle under doc it shows up as it should, the right number of pages, page number on the corner. However, when I use calibre to delete the personal doc tag to allow the file to show up under the "books" section versus the doc the format is completely different. The page numbers are thrown into the text and the entire format has disappeared. Any advice on how to fix this so I can have readable books?

Cheers,
Rich
rtudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Sorry, I can't help, but I'll be curious of replies too. I had the same problem and just gave up and I now leave them in pdf form and read them that way rather than deal with all of the conversion errors.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
frankz
frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
There's a whole section of this site devoted to Calibre with a subgroup devoted to conversions (which is where you're having a problem). The developers and other experts are there:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235
frankz is offline   Reply With Quote